Ever wonder what's inside your sun visor?

IMG_1979.JPG IMG_1978.JPG
Now I know why they are so expensive.
No, this isn't a Corolla sun visor. But it is a Toyota sun visor.
This came out of my 08 Highlander. It wouldn't close all the way, so I've ordered a new one.
I never realized how much was going on in there.
I had to cut off the vinyl wrapping in order to figure out how it comes apart, or better yet, how it was originally assembled.
Reverse engineering at it's best! Lol

I am wanting to redo my headliner with black suede and I am pretty much ready except for how I am going to deal with the sunvisors, painting the plastic and wrapping it in the suede. Do you think our visors are the same where I need to just cut the vinyl away to open it up?

I am wanting to redo my headliner with black suede and I am pretty much ready except for how I am going to deal with the sunvisors, painting the plastic and wrapping it in the suede. Do you think our visors are the same where I need to just cut the vinyl away to open it up?
I would see if I could find a set in a salvage yard to experiment on.
These things are not cheap if you screw one up.
The vinyl was tucked in at the mirror, so if you could get the mirror out without breaking it, that would be a good place to start. Just remember that they only sell the visors as a unit.
If you zoom in on the top picture, you can see two tabs where the mirror part locks in place. The other side of the mirror just kinda hooks in, not a tab type connection.
They should be relatively close in construction.

They are for a Rolla iM 2017 !
I have no need for them, if you can use them, make an offer .
There brand new, that was the 1st thing I changed on the iM, since Toyota dont really
look att that.