Flashing Maintenance Light

I have a 2010 Corolla. I change the oil every three thousand miles. I am not due for another oil change for another thousand miles. The Maintenance Light just started flashing this afternoon, it flashed a few times after starting the car then it stops. What does this indicate?

Bunta

I have a 2010 Corolla. I change the oil every three thousand miles. I am not due for another oil change for another thousand miles. The Maintenance Light just started flashing this afternoon, it flashed a few times after starting the car then it stops. What does this indicate?
i'm having the samething. i read the manual and it mentioned something about the programmed oil change schedule and that after every oil change you need to reset the "alarm" (flashing maintenance light). although i'm not quite sure how it's done.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
count the flashes tell me how many. if it flashes once that means you got 900 miles to go, 7 you got 300 miles to go. it will flash once per 100 miles then when it flashes 9 the next is solid on. to reset on odometer, trip 1 or trip 2 ours would be trip 2 hold when its on the car. never let go turn key off three sec wait then turn keep on if you start seeing dashes it s resetting. if not then the next trip one ....

it wil l reset. let go repeat next time

Bunta

count the flashes tell me how many. if it flashes once that means you got 900 miles to go, 7 you got 300 miles to go. it will flash once per 100 miles then when it flashes 9 the next is solid on. to reset on odometer, trip 1 or trip 2 ours would be trip 2 hold when its on the car. never let go turn key off three sec wait then turn keep on if you start seeing dashes it s resetting. if not then the next trip one ....

it wil l reset. let go repeat next time
i found the video i linked to be much more simpler to do lol

Bunta

all this stuff is on your owners manual even better. good luck
first place i checked, only difference is that in the manual it says to leave it on the "lock" position. of course i did it step by step per the manual's instructions to no avail. when i used the video's method, it worked like a charm. i really can't explain it, maybe the manual had a type-o or something. all i know is that the video's method worked compared to the manual. hence why i find it simpler/better

Bunta

wait -n- see when you are in a newer car enjy
still lost dude. i have a 2016 the only newer car that i can think of is a 2017(at the moment a newer car exist), now if you're talking about newer than 2017, then it should go without saying as well. it's kinda like a "duh" thing.