Freak Incident with Tranny Fluid?

Hello everyone. I've only posted on here a handful of times, but I'd like just like to put my current experience out there to see if anyone else has had a similar issue. I've had my 14 Corolla S Plus since brand new and have since put 20,000 miles on it. I drive like a grandpa (although I'm in my 20s) and avoid all potholes as much as possible, but ,the other day, something triggered the bad luck gods. I was taxi-ing the in-laws around town and began to notice an oily substance in my drive way. Upon further inspection, it was Transmission Fluid. So I made an appointment at my dealer. By the next day, all of the fluid was in my drive way, so I had to call a tow since I didn't want to test driving a drive cvt to the dealer. Luckily, all was covered under warranty. They said that somehow the Transmission Pressure Relief Valve had worked it's way loose. I checked my undercarriage paneling to see if there was any sign of scraping, and there was nothing. So I don't have an explanation as to how it happened.

I just wanted to get that out there in case there are other similar stories (part malfunctions). Hopefully there's no pattern and it's just a glitch.

shah23

Thanks for sharing. I'll have to keep an eye out for that lol. Good thing nothing happened while you were driving the car on the road!

Haha! Like I said, hopefully it's just my bad luck. It scared the crap out of me since there CVTs are so new in Corollas. I could just imagine the grinding sounds .... Eek