"Fresh and Clean" Conventional Petroleum Motor Oils?

"The best thing you can do for your engine is to use a cheap petroleum oil and change it often".

Really? Let's analyze that.

Conventional petroleum crude oils originate from beneath the ground and contain many varieties of naturally occurring contaminants, depending on the oil’s geographical and geological origins, which refining can't completely remove. These contaminants remain in the unopened bottle of conventional petroleum motor oil. Paraffins and other waxes, corrosive acids, asphalt, naphthenes and benzenes, as well as sulphur and nitrogen, remain in the finished product and they are not beneficial for your vehicles expensive engine, providing no lubrication benefits. Conversely, AMSOIL Signature Series synthetic motor oils are created in a laboratory, molecule by molecule so the finished product is devoid of contaminants and provides much better engine protection.

Documentation here - Synthetic Oil: Rx for Long Engine Life -

http://getahelmet.com/jeeps/tech/syntheticoil/

Are you pouring contaminants into your expensive engine? Contact me and I can rectify that for you. I take care of all Corolla Forum members. :thumbsup:

What makes an oil synthetic? Are synthetic oils better than conventional petroleum oils? Are there differences in synthetic oils from brand to brand or are they all pretty much the same? The below video answers these questions and more. Enjoy. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Having contaminants present in an unopened bottle of conventional petroleum motor oil, they aren't as, "clean", as some might think.:blink::eek: