Front End Issue On A '96 Corolla

I have a rattle on the drivers side at low speed. I'm thinking it could be the strut, but it only has 20k on it. I haven't noticed any irregular tread pattern on the tire. Comments?

carlile92

Corolla Rookie
Check the battery holder the little bar that goes behind it hooks on a bracket and then you tighten it from top mine was doing same think and it was driving me bonkers went down today and looked around ended up being that and now its all gone

I have a rattle on the drivers side at low speed. I'm thinking it could be the strut, but it only has 20k on it. I haven't noticed any irregular tread pattern on the tire. Comments?
Is the rattle constant or only when going over bumps?

Is it a metallic sound, or something different?

When you hear the rattle, can you feel any vibration in the car?

With only 20,000 miles on the car, have you taken it back yet to your local Toyota dealership for warranty coverage of the rattle noise?

Last edited:
I had the same thing on my 93, It was a constant tapping sound, Drove me crazy and it turned out to be the SWAY BAR LINKS. Very easy to change and not expensive just be sure to have both front wheels off the ground at the same time.