Front Speakers

I will try to make this short. few months ago I got some 6.5" speakers for free. (brand new). While I never really had intentions of upgrading my speakers I now had two free ones. The brand is Scosche so I bought the same ones in 6x9. then I found out I need to buy adapters which are more expensive then the speakers I bought and certainly more than the free ones. So I set out to do this as cheap as possible. I bought a few odds and ends but everything else was what I already have. The rears will be easier I just have to "fabricate" some adapters out of some plywood I have sitting around. I don't like to cut or drill as I don't want to risk any rust to set in so I watched many videos and one I saw was done similar to what I did but I think my result is better ;-).
I you don't know how to take door panel off there are many videos on youtube.

this is the stock beast

cut around the speaker and you are left with this

remove the rest of the membrane from the small ledge

remove the connector from the housing

there are three "legs" to cut

depending on how much of a stickler you are you can file or sand down the remaining nubs

I re-used the connector (why not) After twisting the ends I used a small amount of tape to keep together then sealed it all with shrink tube.

new speakers fit right in and you can screw into the ledge that the old membrane was attanched to.

Last edited: