fuel pump not running

My moms 2009 Corolla S 2zr-fe engine.
Should the fuel pump always run a little when you first turn on the key? I have no voltage to the pump motor. I pulled the pump and the motor runs. Does anyone know where to start troubleshooting the electrical for this? I have no drawings for this and not sure what fuses\relays are for the fuel pump.

If the fuel pump does not start, use an external 12 VDC power source to apply power directly to the fuel pump. If the fuel pump starts, check the wiring from the relay panel to the fuel pump and perform the Fuel Pump / DME Relay Primary Supply Voltage check.

If the fuel pump does not start, use an external 12 VDC power source to apply power directly to the fuel pump. If the fuel pump starts, check the wiring from the relay panel to the fuel pump and perform the Fuel Pump / DME Relay Primary Supply Voltage check.
Have any suggestion.