Fuel service

hi guys i have a corolla 2014 91013k miles and today maintenance required was done but the dealership want me to charge 164 us plus taxes for a fuel service never heard about that somebody hear bout it? or do it? thanks

What you described is standard dealership practice. You can add a bottle of fuel injection cleaner to your gas tank every few months for a whole lot less. Japanese fuel injection systems are pretty resilient. I personally use the Chevron every 4 months and a bottle of Heet in the winter months to remove any water in the tank. Been doing this for over 20+ years on all my vehicles and never a problem. This falls into same category of debates on best tires, best motor oil, etc. Some people don't believe in using any additives and rely on the detergents in the gas to clean their injectors. Others claim you only need to use top tier gasoline for maximum protection. Do some research and determine which path to take. Unfortunately, there are no scientific studies on either end of the spectrum.

https://www.carbibles.com/best-fuel-injector-cleaners-reviewed/

Good article, jolly.... thanks for posting it.

Hey, Estebanbarrera... What you just described is a phenomenon I call "STEALERship practices". I personally stick to the recommended services as outlined in the owner's manual and don't allow the dealer's front desk folks in the Service Department talk me into their endless "recommended" services.