gas guage gone crazy

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Not alarmed or worried:

Filled up gas guage falls to Empty and came back to about 3/4, took about 7 mi. to correctly get to the Full mark. maybe a air pocket who knows so I am going to keep an eye on her for the next two fill ups.

FISH

2010 S model 104K plus temps 80 plus today

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Filled up needle slowly went up. then sure enough within a minute fell and climbed back. So a Sender can run about $40.00 a Fuel kit can run the same wit heh Sender.

Seat is off. thought I wait for a drop again so I can jiggle the wiring. see if that corrects it.
Seat is off pulled the plug hear sound in the tank, and maybe a crackle time to time when touching the wire.
I need to find my radio code if not I am sure I will still go ahead and take apart the pump/Sender and clean. Before I go buy a used or new one?
If that fails to work then I will have to buy a new one all together.

I watched a video maybe my hardest part is taking of the glued tin cover. Heat gun may not be advisable but heating a knife and then working the glue off is.

These are my notes that may one day help some one whoever stumbles in here.

FISH

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Tin cap was easy to lift off . there are three attachments. one is a module its not budging, knowing a tab releases it if squeezr and pull and due to all that dust Lol. the other to the front is the gas line, and the one in the back got me thinking another gas line. So right now I will observe and deal with it later when it acts up again. As I watched vids none look the same as mine and there are three safety clips no one ever talked about Lol

fishycomics

Super Moderator
nah going to have to keep it as when I drive and fill later I should be at half not 3/4 and going to have to figure out how to rotate off. stop watching half ass videos