Gear Oil Recommendation for 2007 Corolla

Hello all! New member here. Have a question about gear oil:

Planning on changing the gear oil on my 2007 Toyota Corolla with 140K miles for the 2nd time. I’ve used regular Valvoline in the past but I was wondering about the Royal Purple or Red Line gear oils. They are more expensive and I was wondering if it would make shifting smoother or if I would even notice a change. Willing to pay extra if there is a noticeable improvement in shifting. Shifting is O.K. right now, just wondering if it could be improved.

Thank you.

Check the manual and use only the oil which is recommended in the manual. Using other oils may decrease the life of the transmission as well as problem in shifting.

I own a 1999 Corolla, manual with 235,000. miles on it. I bought it at 140,000. It hasn't required clutch repair. My personal preference is LUCAS gear oil. If you want to see a "noticeable improvement" change whatever product you buy often. Much more often. I aim for 10,000 miles. The cost of too frequent oil changes is tiny compared to the cost of repairs when a mechanic starts work.

I use Redline MT-90 synthetic gear oil in my MT cars. It's worked great in my 94 Corolla, 06 xB, 07 Corolla and 09 Corolla. I change it every 30k-35k miles. My 09 Corolla I bought new and it still shifts like butter at 96k miles. The others were all bought used and one of the first things I did was change the gear oil as most people never do.