Grinding noise on startup

so today i took my toyota corolla 14 s in for maintenance and i told the guy about the constant grinding noise i hear during start up....and before you say its my fault hear this....i have already tried checking if its me when i switch the key into ignition... and no I'm not an idiot and i know how to switch a key into ignition with ought over doing it... the grinding noise usually happens after it sits over night and sometimes even when I'm out and i start the car i hear it..... i told the tech i even have recorded video and audio about the situation and he said, "we weren't able to replicate the noise".... so I'm pissed about this....i know somethings wrong because no Brand new car should make a noise like that.... I'm going to continue to record the noise and record my VIN number and everything so they can't give me any bullshit...

I almost want to say it sounds like it's the valve train but what I'll do first if u haven't done so is to have somebody crank it for u n listen to the starter just to take that out of the question.

MovingAsLife

0-60 in 10 minutes!
so today i took my toyota corolla 14 s in for maintenance and i told the guy about the constant grinding noise i hear during start up....and before you say its my fault hear this....i have already tried checking if its me when i switch the key into ignition... and no I'm not an idiot and i know how to switch a key into ignition with ought over doing it... the grinding noise usually happens after it sits over night and sometimes even when I'm out and i start the car i hear it..... i told the tech i even have recorded video and audio about the situation and he said, "we weren't able to replicate the noise".... so I'm pissed about this....i know somethings wrong because no Brand new car should make a noise like that.... I'm going to continue to record the noise and record my VIN number and everything so they can't give me any bullshit...
I have the same problem and you can replicate the sound after the car sits for about 3 hrs. I've tried it and told the dealer about it. They told me the same thing as you. :(

I have the same problem and you can replicate the sound after the car sits for about 3 hrs. I've tried it and told the dealer about it. They told me the same thing as you. :(
i know,its really stupid.....ill let you know how it goes when i confront them and show them the videos of the noise...cause they are such bullshit there:mad:

that grinding noise is normal, even you start other slightly used 4 bangers, 2ZR for Corollas and 2AR for Camry, Rav4, and others, that actually applies to all toyotas. they were saying this noise could be valve lash adjuster (like noise heard when cold) or something PINGING noise (heard under load or light load).

i assume, your toyota dealer did HEALTHCHECK using their computer for possible DTC codes or Misfire. did they? if they did, and didnt see a misfire, well, that is why they cannot duplicate the complaint. and knowing the
engine was still warm when they diagnosed it.

you have 2014 corolla, more than a year old, you have 5 year powertrain warranty or 100K kms. if it gave you more engine noise, you can comeback to them anytime, try other
toyota dealers. that good thing is, you complained about it, and it has a record there now. keep the printed work order and findings from diag the last time for your future reference.

qb7

I wish i could hear the noise... I am having similar issue... changed drive belt... and no good... changed starter, and well... i am waiting to see how it works... cuz I just finished it today.... the second time i started it it did the noise slightly... though, I went to 2 stores, and it never does it if car is warm... so I'll find out tomorrow.

qb7

i know,its really stupid.....ill let you know how it goes when i confront them and show them the videos of the noise...cause they are such bullshit there:mad:
I need to hear that noise... I have a mac... I wonder if that's why it doesn't work for me to hear.

This is what my Highlander does every time I start it.
I’m told that it’s normal. That it’s the relay solenoid over cranking. Has more to do with the push to start feature. Which I don’t have. Apparently the PTS models don’t do this, only key crank.