Half tank mileage 2017 Corolla Se Cvt

Discussion in '2014 + Toyota Corolla' started by Ricky Rios, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Ricky Rios

Ricky Rios New Member

Curious on how much miles you get out of your Corolla regardless of trim level, post up! Best I got was 270 highway miles. Mostly get 240ish half tank on a daily.

Attached Files:

2. Corolla Forum Sign Up!

Join CorollaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota Corolla fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Corolla and Matrix Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Toyota, and have a great time with other Corolla fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Toyota you'll find that Corolla Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join CorollaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 0ldGuy17SE50th

0ldGuy17SE50th New Member

Curious here...does the mile range update as the tank is filled? Depending on how much is put into the tank, i think the mile range would be a little different each fill up. (Guess i'll have to pay some attention to these things, but Corollas are so reliable i tend to make quick glances at critical items like gas gauge and temp and engine light, just push da button and go go go.)

Ricky Rios likes this.
  4. jolly

jolly New Member

Yes. I've even seen it going upward after plunging (due to traffic jam). I guess the algorithm use a combination of past habit and current situation.

Ricky Rios likes this.
  5. OP
    Ricky Rios

Ricky Rios New Member

6.67 gallons at the pump with auto click at the pump/ no over filling
    Miles 271.1 on the dash.
    I reset it the Trip A or B in the dash cluster after every fill up to 0 and I clear the MPG gauge to 0 also.
    This is mostly highway miles.
    I tend to keep rpms 1500-2000 Rpms at city or highway to achieve this mileage.
    Next half tank fill up determines the Actual miles of a FULL Tank, so I'll keep posted. Just add the miles from the previous fill up to the current fill up mile and gallons to determine the real full tank MPG. I've noticed if you run a gas tank all the way Empty, you don't get good mileage due to gas on any car in general. Give it a shot guys.

IMG_0688.JPG

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  6. Neil

Neil New Member

My experience over thirty years with various Corollas has been that the physical fuel gauge reading is far from linear. That is, the first half-tank reading is wildly optimistic, with a much more rapid decline toward "E" than one would expect, going by the first half.

In the newer models, the electronic RANGE and MPG figures are almost meaningless, in my opinion.

Chris Denton, Ricky Rios and klebinek like this.
  7. 3ddie @rana

3ddie @rana New Member

I get 315 miles on 1/2 tank on a 2017 iM, and the low light fuel kicks ON at 470 miles !
    Ive gone up2 510 miles pushing my LUCK ! LOL

Ricky Rios likes this.
  8. klebinek

klebinek New Member

Say what? Wonder why it's more than reg corollas. I can get 400mi out of the tank but that's about it and I'm I'm not complaining about it since this is a night and day compared to my previous ride. Anyway, do iMs come with the valvematic engine used on coroola eco models? IF yes then I've answered my question.

Ricky Rios likes this.
  9. 3ddie @rana

3ddie @rana New Member

I know that the iM has the 1.8 Ltr CVT trans Valve Matic, its an AWESOME ride, and am riding on
    245/40/17 and not the Original Baby tires 225/45/17 !
    LOL Baby Tires !

Ricky Rios likes this.
  10. SuperchargedMR2

SuperchargedMR2 New Member

That tire size will only hurt MPG. The iM also has a 14.0 gallon tank vs the 13.2 gallon tank in the Corolla sedan.

Ricky Rios likes this.
  11. Corolla Cop

Corolla Cop 2014 Corolla S Plus

I am currently at 47.5 mpg. I get about 450 miles per half tank and over 650 on full tank. It is all in how you drive.

Ricky Rios likes this.
  12. OP
    Ricky Rios

Ricky Rios New Member

No way! My goodness, how?

13. OP
    Ricky Rios

Ricky Rios New Member

IMG_0728.JPG IMG_0727.JPG
    2nd half tank test was 242 miles with 6.76 gallons.=36 MPG for this half tank

So first half tank was 271 above with 6.6 gallons. Second half tank 242 miles with 6.7 gallons so 271+242= 513 total miles and it came out to 6.6 gal +6.76gal=13.36 gallons

So 513 miles/13.3 gallons
    = 38 mpg beating the 35 mpg rating. If I'm not wrong you get better mileage on a half tank than going all the way to E. try it! I wanna see them Half tank miles! Lol

14. klebinek

klebinek New Member

Are you driving downhill most of the time, weight 90lbs, or have gutted the interior of your car and coast in neutral? I've tried but the most I could get was around 420 or 430 out of the tank.

Ricky Rios likes this.
  15. Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

The computer in my 14 LE, has never given me numbers like you all are seeing.
    I’m starting to think that all of you are S owners?
    The best I’ve seen stock or modified was 29 mpg. I guess I’m going to have to take it out and calculate the old fashioned way.

klebinek and Ricky Rios like this.
  16. Chris Denton

Chris Denton New Member

17. OP
    Ricky Rios

Ricky Rios New Member

Press Clear and it'll update your mpg to 0 / reset the mpg gauge every time you turn your car on.

18. OP
    Ricky Rios

Ricky Rios New Member

Like I said, keep rpms between 1500-2000 rpm. Mostly freeway driving. 50mph on highways and 65-70 mph on freeway , try it out. Coast as much as possible when lights turn red in city. Do not use cruise control on up or down hills, it raises rpm due to downshifting/kills MPG/ only on flat roads.

19. OP
    Ricky Rios

Ricky Rios New Member

I bet you can get about 40 mpg on the yours even tho it's rated at 36 highway LE with the smaller wheels compared to the SE . Just drive smooth and avoid using HIGH or LOW A/C setting due to it affecting efficiency, put it on auto a/c with a moderate degree setting such as 73* so it can shut off when it hits tve that temperature / Eco model with the 4speed gets 40++mpg highway I can imagine driving it and getting more than the Prius C mpg.

20. Corolla Cop

Not true. Cruise control is your friend. Look at my numbers. 47.5 mpg. Yes rpm do go up going down hill while in cruise, but watch your mpg bar, it goes all the way up, meaning not using much gas at all. Engine is just trying to keep you at the speed you have chosen.

Ricky Rios likes this.
  21. OP
    Ricky Rios

Ricky Rios New Member

I wanna see that half tank with miles on your corolla. Do you top off the gas or let the gas pump click automatically?

22. OP
    Ricky Rios

Ricky Rios New Member

IMG_0784.JPG

23. Corolla Cop

I top it off.