Headers?!!!?

Rylee

I mean weapon r is probably what I'm going to get the weapon r is tig welded and D.C. Sport are mig welded both should work fine but i would think weapon r would last longer.

Someone I know in VA just installed the weapon R header, he says he loves it!

I doubt either brand will give you more horsepower over the other though.

Someone I know in VA just installed the weapon R header, he says he loves it!

I doubt either brand will give you more horsepower over the other though.
What's the difference between stock and these headers? I mean sure, better airflow, but what is the result? Better hp? sound? etc? It's not legal in CA so it shouldn't even matter lol

What's the difference between stock and these headers? I mean sure, better airflow, but what is the result? Better hp? sound? etc? It's not legal in CA so it shouldn't even matter lol
Pretty much everything you listed. It smooths out the exhaust air. In turn allowing the engine to produce more power. Not that we have a lot to gain. But I'm sure it's good for a few.
I might get an aftermarket header once I've paid the car off. I don't really want to mess with the engine too much.

Even tho finalgear seams to hate every "performance upgrade for the corolla there is...his words hold water. You cannot start changing air/fuel, intake, exhaust (header) and expect a smooth running car especially on a stock tune. At the least a reflash of the ecu is in order. This holds true on even real performance autos. (GTI, ST, STI, etc) ...its called tuning.

Even tho finalgear seams to hate every "performance upgrade for the corolla there is...his words hold water. You cannot start changing air/fuel, intake, exhaust (header) and expect a smooth running car especially on a stock tune. At the least a reflash of the ecu is in order. This holds true on even real performance autos. (GTI, ST, STI, etc) ...its called tuning.
:p:D :rolleyes: Just wait till you drop $2k on complete complete PPE exhaust setup.. and realize it doesn't do crap :D:eek: and I don't hate all "after-market" performance upgrades.... i Love Stickers!:D:p

:p:D :rolleyes: Just wait till you drop $2k on complete complete PPE exhaust setup.. and realize it doesn't do crap :D:eek: and I don't hate all "after-market" performance upgrades.... i Love Stickers!:D:p
Haha! I'm actually with you in many of your opinions... Fancy intake/exhaust/etc often do more harm than good... Particularly without proper tunes to bring them all together

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
What you don't understand though is that the factory parts such as the intake and stock exhaust are very restrictive from the factory which is what makes the Corolla fuel efficient and reliable. Even installing the mods mentioned above without a tune will give you more power than stock just because there is a better flow from the intake to the exhaust. Don't expect massive gains but you will be gaining something (and you aren't going to lose power either). A tune will give an even bigger gain since the computer will now know what the car is supposed to be doing with these new mods. The cost for doing this is up to the owner to see if it is worth it or not.

Honest question, how much of a HP difference would headers make on our little corollas? Assuming it's a well designed piece.

Oh, and how easy is it to tell that you've installed aftermarket headers? It's not exactly legal here in CA but if it's relatively low key I'll consider.

Honest question, how much of a HP difference would headers make on our little corollas? Assuming it's a well designed piece.

Oh, and how easy is it to tell that you've installed aftermarket headers? It's not exactly legal here in CA but if it's relatively low key I'll consider.
I don’t know California law, I’m not sure anybody really does but, what’s the difference between a manifold and headers? They do the same thing, just one is more efficient at it.
Anyways, I don’t see why it would be a problem. You’ll still maintain the O2 sensor, resonator and catalytic converter.
California laws are the worst! I don’t know if any header carries the C.A.R.B. status. Never been a problem since I’m in VA.
Do they visually inspect everything? Headers will be somewhat hard to see on our cars, but not impossible.