Headlight Assembly, Stock or Aftermerket?

Hi,

Getting ready to look @ replacing my stock original headlight assembly's on my 03 corolla.

Both of mine have there top mounting brackets broke.

Do I order a new set of original ones or go aftermarket to some halo, etc?

I work nights and 80% of my driving is at night.

Any input would be great.

Thanks! :yes:

I just put some halos on mine and love them. The light output is much better than stock. And a better pattern. They can be tricky to get adjusted just right though.

Wish I had a picture of them at night. If I'll remember I'll try and shoot a couple.

Halo or HID lights require auto leveling systems to be safe. Without them you will blind oncoming drivers. If you use the existing reflectors you will also have a degredated beam pattern due to different bulb geometry. A DOT standard calibration measuring at least 22 locations of beam pattern is required. All that is why HID conversions are illegal in the US by federal law.

Be safe, don't endanger other drivers, don't go HID.

HF

Very well said. To add another thought to this, if HID headlights are installed and an oncoming driver is blinded by them, crashed and gets seriously hurt, (or worse), the driver of the car with the HID headlights is legally liable for what happened. That could end up with a law suit settlement that could put a person in dept for the rest of their life.