Hello

Marty

New Toyota owner here. First time Toyota owner too. I have a 2016 Corolla LE. Bought brand new. Nice car. Mine's white with black/beige interior. Don't understand why Japanese car makers love black so much. It appears to be the predominant shade among all the Japanese car makers.

I've had mine for almost a year now. Came from a worn out 2003 Kia Rio. Several things I noticed about my Corolla right off: The paint seems to be fragile. It chips really easily. And bug juice really tears into it. I have to keep bug splatter and bird droppings cleaned up quickly. The dash cover material is fragile to rubbing alcohol...don't ever try wiping the dash with alcohol. I cleaned up a tiny part with some alcohol and it acted as if the alcohol was trying to Melt the material.

One bit of displeasure besides the paint and dash cover are pops and creaks in the interior. There seems to be American-car level of creaks, rattles and pops with it in warm weather. The plastic cover at the rear glass especially likes to buzz when the weather is warm...actually everything in the car tends to pop and creak more when the weather is warm. And one other homage to American cars is the steering column. It's slightly angled towards the door just like in GM vehicles.

Ohh yeah...why Toyota doesn't include sliding sun visors in their cars is a mystery. Pretty much all cars nowadays have sliding visors.

Other than those things, this is a really nice car. The handling is really good. The engine power is really good for such a low output rating and it's really smooth. This is quite a nice traveling car. I chose to buy a Toyota based solely on brand name. I believe Toyota vehicles are among the most fastidiously engineered vehicles from Japan. At least mechanically they are.

Anyway...Hi :)