Help!

Hey all so I hooked up my subs and amp the other day.. Well after doing so I notice when the car is at an idle it starts to shake really bad and wants to die.. Never have ran Into this before.. Help please!!

Is the engine misfiring? Or just vibrating? If only vibrating really bad, it could be motor mounts.

If it is misfiring, you will have to do some more digging. I would guess it is completely UNRELATED to your subs. Believe me, I own a Land Rover Discovery, and I always think things go out because of one thing or another, but unfortunately, they are rarely ever related. Just bad coincidence.

It's weird cause its only when I hook up the wire to the battery. Then it starts to vibrate weird and idle rough. And if I unhook it stops. So idk weather it's like drawing to much power or what..

If I had to guess, it sounds like you are drawing too much power off your battery and maybe your alternator is not pumping enough juice at idle to keep your fuel pump running like it should... hence the misfires and rough idle.

What kind of amp did you install, how many watts, what gauge power wires did you use, did you properly ground it?

^ just like KingJames has said, it sounds like the amp is drawing too much current. Does you lights dim out when the bass hit?

You have to be able to answer those questions for someone to properly help you, we can't just take a stab in the dark.