Hesitation With Gas Pedal.

Hello All,

I have a 2002. It goes through a good bit of oil like many others, but I am sort of used to that. But it runs great. Here's the situation.

-Check Engine Light came on 3,500 miles ago. Giving emissions related codes.
-2,000 miles ago, on the same day as a fill-up, I hopped in, turned the engine on, put it in reverse and backed out of the driveway. Then when I put it in drive and pushed lightly down on the gas, it took a second or second and a half to fully respond and move forward.

-Ran fine for almost 1,000 more miles (18 days), then did this again twice in a three day span

-An O'Reily's I kind of trust said local stations have been getting sediment in their fuel, especially with the rain (we did have a ton of downpours in May). They suggested to just fill up and add Seafoam, which I did.

-After about 1,000 more of smooth running (again 18 days), it just did the hesitation again this morning.

I've seen this before on a Corolla that needed its Mass Flow changed, but I've also been told something like this is usually the fuel line. Do I buy another bottle of Seafoam? It feels like that's just a band-aid.

Thanks for any guidance,

=Matt=

I read that hesitation can also be due to a failing fuel pump. Look into that and see if that is the issue. I'm replacing mine as soon as I get the part.