Hi. Im vern. I found a cool and easy way to get a little more boost out of my 97, 1.8 corola dx.

Hi, im vern. I found a cool,easy and inexpensive way to add a good amout of boost to my 97, 1.8 corola DX.
I went to the puck n pull and found the top part of another air cleaner case like mine. I cut the two lip pieces that stuck out past the level surface area. Then I slid it in between the engine and radiator and mounted it to the radiator with four flat straps. Two on the top corners, two on the bottom. The air cleaner lid is now a perfect size and shaped scoop that is secured facing forward on the left side and towards the lower part of the radiator. Now with this scoop perfectly positioned, I bought a 3" aluminum flex hose( for a dryer)
I removed the bracket by the battery thats the intake air piece. I cot the plastic part off that fits the formed part if the intake tube that wraps around the battery.
Now U fitted the aluminum flex onto the scoops connection side and the ither side i used the wierd shaped plastic that snaps on the tube around the bat. And i clamped the aluminum hose on that plastic puece and snapped it on.in its place.
Its not a supercharger turbo booster, but what it does us force air into the intake as you move forward. This way your cars engine isnt having to use its piwer to suck air in through that little tube.
Its incredible the change in power and response im getting from my engine now.
I didnt have to modify the mass air or change ant settings on the brain and so far its been a whole new powerfull booster. Everything about this modification has been a major benifit in power.
It was.so simple and cheap to do and now u have a more powerful faster car.