Hola!

XANAX

Hi, I'm new here. Last Thursday my '97 Altima took a crap and instead of being carless and scrambling to find a way to the jobsite, my father-in-law generously gave me his '05 Corolla LE. He's about to turn 70, but his reflexes apparently have diminished. After a couple fender-benders, he decided that he'd be better off using SF public transportation. He's retired and he lives in the city, so he didn't need the car. He bought the car new, but the fender-benders are showing. So I plan on at least fixing the body damage in my scarce free-time.

The front-end is the worst...it's going to need a new bumper, headlight(the mounting tabs are cracked, maybe they can be glued?) and radiator support(I think?). The support has a nasty bend in it that leaves a huge gap between the driver's side fender and the hood. It also pushed the fender too close to the door, so the door doesn't open fully. But considering that it runs like a top with only 27k mi. and it's free, I'm very grateful.

So, I'm here to learn more about the car and once I fix the damage, I'd like to do some mods. Simple stuff like lower it, add nice wheels, CAI and improve the low end of the audio system. So, that's my intro. I think I've rambled enough. :D