HP's Intake

well it's official Hps coming in this Wednesday! Super Excited. Hopefully it does what people say it does. Better sound to the exhaust and better throttle response! I was going to ask if anyone knew of a video on how to set it up. I would greatly appreciate it!

I don't know of any video but it comes with clear instructions.
The heat shield is a bit of a pain to install though. I suggest getting the bolts started before final tightening.
Otherwise, should only take about 20 minutes.
Congratulations on your purchase!
What color did you get?

I'm anxious to hear of your feedback...An intake is a particular mod I'm hesitant on due to 50/50 reviews claiming either a CEL or a loss of low end torque. Good luck! I'm positive due to my research the installation is very straight forward.

I don't know of any video but it comes with clear instructions.
The heat shield is a bit of a pain to install though. I suggest getting the bolts started before final tightening.
Otherwise, should only take about 20 minutes.
Congratulations on your purchase!
What color did you get?
I got the polished color so I can get the strut bar (TRD Red Color)

I'm anxious to hear of your feedback...An intake is a particular mod I'm hesitant on due to 50/50 reviews claiming either a CEL or a loss of low end torque. Good luck! I'm positive due to my research the installation is very straight forward.
I'll definitely give you review on it. I'm the kind of person that like to help other people!

I'll definitely give you review on it. I'm the kind of person that like to help other people!
Bro my intake came in and you won't believe it! My Exhaust sounds much more aggressive! The throttle response is much stiffer and acceleration is amazing! I would definitely recommend it. I'm thrilled to have purchased it! There installation was a little complicated towards the end with the filter and the heat shield. Just read the instructions carefully.

Bro my intake came in and you won't believe it! My Exhaust sounds much more aggressive! The throttle response is much stiffer and acceleration is amazing! I would definitely recommend it. I'm thrilled to have purchased it! There installation was a little complicated towards the end with the filter and the heat shield. Just read the instructions carefully.
Now you just need to post a pic!
You'll start to really notice the difference between air temps and barometric pressure too. On mine, some days the throttle response is punchy. I like it!
And when the MAF sensor was working, it was even better!
I had the Jet MAF sensor installed but it kept throwing the CEL. Sent it back to Jet for repair/replace.

Warren

I almost sprung for this intake too. So far, I'm happy with just the wheels and a K&N panel filter..."so far". If i did spring for one though, it would be the HP short ram. I'm just afraid of droning. Please let us know if this is an ussue.

Chris will sell me his super cheap when he gets the Ingen. Lol
Very possible!
Getting ready to go look at some wheels today. Found an Enkei dealer who also has a dyno!
And they're just a few miles up the street!
I didn't think that the people in this area still mod their cars. Bunch of snobby rich folk around here. High end type stuff. Lamborghini', Ferrari's, Maserati's, Jag's, you get the idea!
It's like east coast California.

I almost sprung for this intake too. So far, I'm happy with just the wheels and a K&N panel filter..."so far". If i did spring for one though, it would be the HP short ram. I'm just afraid of droning. Please let us know if this is an ussue.
Not an issue.
I went with short ram so I could easily return the car to stock, if need be. But, my 36 runs out in 3, so now I don't care. What sucks is I only have 9100 miles on it. Haven't even changed the oil a second time.

Did your check engine light turned on? If I were to buy this and it does how do I fix the problem?

I put the same short ram intake on my S about a year ago. The sound from the engine is awesome. As for the low end torque, it never had any to begin with. My power curve is by far smoother now, kicking in around 2k instead of 4k RPM.

The sound is actually coming from the motor itself, rather than the exhaust. As for the heat shield, I just bought a slightly larger hose clamp. Made the filter & shield easier to install & remove.

Lol, I like the engine cover.
Hides one of the ugliest engines out there!
I used to drive Camaros, Firebirds and Corvettes, they have pretty engines!!
Adds weight, & holds in heat. Had to go. Comparing the LS series rat blocks, or even the big blocks, to a motor less than a 3rd the size is like comparing apples to bananas. If only an LS1 would fit in this lil car...