I have a 2016 LE that its stuck on "S" mode with check engine light and trac off light...

On my way way to work i noticed that the engine light came on and my car was acting a bit strange but i couldn't tell how. So i stopped and turned it off and then on to notice that the trac control is off and even when the shifter is on D it displays S on the screen. The vehiicle only has 26k miles. Any suggested reasins foe that? Should i takr it in.

Both of those switches are too close to the cup holders. I'm thinking that something got spilled in those switches.
The cup holder trim piece pops off like a lego. I would look there. When I did my cup holder lights I found trace elements of coffee in my trac switch.

On my way way to work i noticed that the engine light came on and my car was acting a bit strange but i couldn't tell how. So i stopped and turned it off and then on to notice that the trac control is off and even when the shifter is on D it displays S on the screen. The vehiicle only has 26k miles. Any suggested reasins foe that? Should i takr it in.

Update- i got a code reader and it gave me the following code. P0705 Transmission range sensor circuit malfunction.
Im not well versed with cars, what does this mean?

Disconnect battery, wait 5 minutes and then reconnect. If you have an LE, that "S" is the "sport" mode. So on your shift plate there should be a "B" as well. Make sure your not actually shifting left (also) when you put it in drive. I dunno about the trac light being stuck on. Use that warranty!

Wait an LE with sports mode?!?!
Yup, we have the best of both worlds, us LE owners! Lol!
It's not a button though. When in drive, if we go to the left it puts us in a "sport" mode. Corolla will start out in 1st gear with much higher RPM's before shifting. Shift more like a real trans in this mode.
There is also a connector under the cup holders that would go to the sport button if one was added. But I'm not sure of the end result since I haven't found anyone who has attempted this.
I might however.:confused:

Yup, we have the best of both worlds, us LE owners! Lol!
It's not a button though. When in drive, if we go to the left it puts us in a "sport" mode. Corolla will start out in 1st gear with much higher RPM's before shifting. Shift more like a real trans in this mode.
There is also a connector under the cup holders that would go to the sport button if one was added. But I'm not sure of the end result since I haven't found anyone who has attempted this.
I might however.:confused:
Haha I'm curious to know! I have the S, and I can tell you that the sport button is pretty useless, just changes up the shift points (a little bit) when you're in normal "D" drive mode, but if you're using the "S" simulated manual shifting mode which is actually really fun in our cars, there's no point of the sport button other than for that same extra +200hp you get with a TRD emblem.