I test drove a 2019 LE today

My wife and I went to a dealer to see price difference between new and a 2015-16. I got to test drive a new one. It's a nice car but Corollas are so big these days. It was almost like driving my Grand Marquis. I wish they were small like they were in the 80s. As far as smaller cars go such as the Yaris and Fit, there's almost nothing to choose from new or used. But there's tons of new and used Corollas on the market.

ToyBoy

They probably get about the same gas mileage as a Yaris or Fit. I have a 2014 Corolla and other than some frond end of the car grill I don`t see much difference from 2014 to 2018. I don`t know if I`ve seen a 2019 yet. I`m thinking maybe next year you may see some change in the Corolla in 2020 model. The new Corolla hatchback is pretty sharp , you may check that out. You do lose some passenger room but still not bad.

jolly

Yes, compacts are bigger nowadays but the thing is they are more spacious and comfortable than subcompacts without costing much more and being as efficient in mpg, if not more in certain cases. The main advantages of subcompacts are their smaller size (if that makes a difference for want the owner wants) and practicality of hatchback. The Fit beats the new Corolla hatchback in that department.