I want to increase my New Corolla 1.8 HP...

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this before but there's a simple, fast, kinda cheap (considering prices for turbos etc.) way to increase your vehicle's drive experience. It's called Pedal Commander. I'm speaking from experience here; best thing I ever purchased for my Corolla. Look it up, you won't be dissapointed. That device and a front upper strut bar make a difference in the world for these cars. Good luck!
Pedal Commander upgrade purchase that actually works for the money.

Don't power up this engine, CVT won't hold for too long, I've been replacing nissan CVT's about everyday because they have all the power at lower end and few other issues.

Don't power up this engine, CVT won't hold for too long, I've been replacing nissan CVT's about everyday because they have all the power at lower end and few other issues.
Wow! How many replacements, and at what mileage, is actually “about everyday”.

CVT generally don’t sustain damage themselves (except if they are GM-Fiat with poor metal quality not up to the intern pressure) but from firmware mismanagement (hence the Corolla’s service campaign). In which case, the car would enter “limp mode” to protect the unit.

It’s then a shame that replacement is then see as the only option partly because the unit could still be fine (unless one let the situation happen multiple times) and mostly because the root cause is not addressed, calling for its repetition with the new unit. It was the case with the firsts Nissan-Jatco (bad heat management from the original firmware).

Is there, by any (bad) chance a Sentra among those? Because even today those (and the Rogue, to a certain extent) are notoriously known for their cheap inefficient cooler (an easy repair/upgrade but still… that should come as OEM!). The result is that in hot temperature, those cars don’t like heavy stop and go traffic or sustained high highway speed.

Wow! How many replacements, and at what mileage, is actually “about everyday”.

CVT generally don’t sustain damage themselves .........
Mostly main sliding drum shaft bearing eats up the outer shaft following damaged belt and so on after that. They don't have strong enough steel to hold down power engines produce.

Mostly main sliding drum shaft bearing eats up the outer shaft following damaged belt and so on after that
Oh! Then it’s somewhat like the GM-Fiat units: some engineer skipped the metallurgy lesson when at school (or the hydraulic pressure one) ! I wonder if those Nissan-Jatco also give up at relatively low mileage and if it’s a widespreaded problem or specific to a model/year/batch. Perhaps it would also explain the vibrations often describe on Nissan Rogue forums.

Last edited: