Idling Air Blower

I took my 2017 Corolla into the dealership this AM as the blower will randomly and dramatically decrease the amount of air blowing out. Yesterday on the highway, the blower stopped all air flow for about 30 seconds.
I don't use the "auto" option as the constant fluctuations drives me crazy. They said they couldn't replicate it and to just use the auto setting. I have a video of it being on high but only a small amount of air coming out and then suddenly blowing a much higher amount of air. They said they cannot fix it based on a video.

Of note, they did inform me of the CVT recall and are fixing that. Any ideas as to what is going on and if it's related?

I don't use the "auto" option as the constant fluctuations drives me crazy
There are two things in what you say. If you're talking about auto mode, it's normal for the fan speed to vary to reach then maintain the temperature set with the dial.
It would generally start high then decrease, with slight variation according to outside temp, activating or not "recycling".
If you're talking about auto mode on "off" then selecting a fan speed via the fan button, then it shouldn't vary. If it does, I don't know what can explain it.