I'm new. I have a Toyota Dashboard light problem.

Bill K.

Hi,
My name is Bill K from East Brady, PA. I just joined today. I bought a 2012 Toyota Corolla about a month ago. My problem is at night when I turn on the headlights.
When I turn on the headlights the dashboard lights shut off. When I turn off the headlights, the dashboard lights come on.
I checked it this afternoon and when I turned the headlights on, the dashboard lights stayed on but the light for the clock shut off. The clock LIGHT came back on when I turned off the headlights.
Any ideas on how I can get this fixed? Thanks again for letting me join!

Bill K.

Sorry my mechanic told me to adjust the dimmer switch by the odometer. Very simple, easy fix. I feel dumb for bringing up the issue now. Anyway, a million thanks for letting me join. So I really haven't had any problems with my 2012 Toyota Corolla. I'm blessed to have a great mechanic in East Brady.

I feel dumb for bringing up the issue now. Anyway, a million thanks for letting me join. So I really haven't had any problems with my 2012 Toyota Corolla. I'm blessed to have a great mechanic in East Brady.
Don't feel dumb, Mr. Bill. Half the time i can't find the dimmer switch in any car i drive. Welcome aboard the Forum, lots of info on here, and we have some SERIOUS modifiers on board if you're inclined to do that. I said MODIfiers, not that other word lol