In Need of Some Advice

Hi all. I have a 2007 Toyota Corolla S 1.8 auto that my wife drives. We bought the car a few years ago when it had 40,000 miles on it. It now has around 122,000 miles on the clock. I guess my question is, what things should I do to the car to keep it up with maintenance. I change the oil frequently as well as the air filter and cabin filter. I also recently had the transmission flushed. I also have done brake pads and rotors. Is there anything else I should be doing like valve adjustment etc.? Also are there any popular mods people do to stock cars that make them run better and longer. Not to go faster but just run better and avoid common problems. ie. on my S2000 I changed out the valve spring retainers because they crack. She really likes this car and wants to drive it for a while yet. Thanks in advance.

Also what is a good service manual to have for this car. I looked on eBay and they are almost $300 for the non-Chilton ones.

What you are doing in routine maintenance will keep the car running well. I would also suggest testing to make sure the battery is up to date and also check your spark plugs. My 2005 S had around 95k when I changed mine. It helped engine vibration and gave a nice MPG boost.

You might also want to invest in high-mileage synthetic oils; they are more expensive per change, but they help high-mileage cars run smoother and longer. Checking or replacing your fuel filter might also be a good idea as it is recommended around every 30-40k tune-ups.

As for the service manual I have been searching for one as well. Basic questions can be answered by simple searches online, however, I have not been able to find a affordable option as of yet.