Installed New Fan Blower, But Still No Air

I have a 99 Toyota Corolla and the blower was very loud and shaking so I decided to go to O'Reilly's and get a new blower and fan but when I replaced it I had to splice the wires. The old blower has a sensor plug but the new blower had an orange and black wire fixed to it. I spliced and cremped the wires and tried to start the car but no air coming out. The compressor turned on though. Also the blackwire got pretty hot. Then I replaced the blower resistor because that was bad. Then I tried the air again but still now air. Can someone help me??

Thanks scott. On the blower motor there is a orange and black wire. And the other two wires attached and grounded to the car is black and black-white but one wire is relatively thicker that the other. That goes to the orange right?

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
I'm really not sure. My advice is that if the wires from the replacement blower motor don't match the wires from the original blower motor, that possibly you were provided the incorrect blower motor. Just because the motor itself might fit/bolt in doesn't mean it's the correct one. It could be for a different year Corolla than your own, which would explain why it bolts in, but the wires don't match.

Again, I'd check with your auto parts store and have them double check the listing/part number for the blower motor recommended for your Corolla. The blower motor they provided you doesn't happen to be a made in China part, is it? If so, that's not a good sign at all as made in China parts are notoriously low quality. If it is and it were me, I'd return the part and get my money back on that point alone. Made in China parts, in my opinion, (have to keep it legal), are junk.

If all else fails, you could try a used blower motor from a junkyard from the same year Corolla as yours, then you're guaranteed it's the right blower motor and it will be much less money than a new one. Below is a link where you can find junkyards in your area and the part you need -

http://www.Car-Part.com

So if you can't get the current blower motor working, I recommend returning it and getting your money back, as there's something wrong with it. I wouldn't mention you had problems wiring the motor in, or they may claim you fried the motor due to improper installation and there goes your refund.

Last edited:

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
My pleasure and thank you. I hope it works out for you.

Please don't be a stranger here. Feel free to help others or make further posts. That's what a forum is all about. :thumbsup:

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Great news! :thumbsup:

Many times used original equipment parts are better than new made in China parts. :laughing: :)

I hope you were able to return the blower motor you bought from the auto parts store and get your money back?

yes I returned it and got my money back(even though some of the wires were cut from splicing it. He was very friendly O'reileys man haha.