Intake Suggestions?

Injen or k&n both have good warranties. I have a k&n typhoon atm coupled with a TRD exhaust increased my mpg drastically. K&N typhoon is pretty loud. I had a tech at my job put it on. To verify proper installment. (Toyota tech pretty much verifies if anything happens k&n is paying)

Injen or k&n both have good warranties. I have a k&n typhoon atm coupled with a TRD exhaust increased my mpg drastically. K&N typhoon is pretty loud. I had a tech at my job put it on. To verify proper installment. (Toyota tech pretty much verifies if anything happens k&n is paying)
Yeah i heard k&n is good would you have the website or name of the place you got it from? And do you have pictures of in installed? I'd like to see how it would fit in thanks!

r0me0ne

not a problem, just to forewarn you it will be considerably louder in the cabin, , It resulted in a vibration in the dash, techs took out the entire dash and applied some sound dampening material to get it to stop. it only vibrated at high rpm. I wouldn't blame an intake for the vibration more so improper dash application.

Increased or decreased drastically? How much MPG are we talking? Usually intakes cause the MAF readings to be off a little bit due to the change in airflow or turbulence past the MAF which also results in decreased MPG slightly.

averaging 42 mpg at 57 mph and upwards of 52+ at 45 mph
it has hit as high as 65.2 at 46 mph (level road with a slight tailwind). increased drastically

I just installed the 69 series typhoon into my LE today. Supposedly, it's supposed to increase my fuel economy but according to my dash monitors I'm averaging around 26 mpg and that's driving conservatively. Before installing the intake I was getting approximately 34 mpg. That's quite a drop. Maybe I did something wrong?

I just installed the 69 series typhoon into my LE today. Supposedly, it's supposed to increase my fuel economy but according to my dash monitors I'm averaging around 26 mpg and that's driving conservatively. Before installing the intake I was getting approximately 34 mpg. That's quite a drop. Maybe I did something wrong?
Did you reset the ECU after installing it? Did you check the tire pressure? I was having MPG issues and checked my tire pressure and they were all in the mid 20's. The stock tire pressure is 32PSI all around...

Did you reset the ECU after installing it? Did you check the tire pressure? I was having MPG issues and checked my tire pressure and they were all in the mid 20's. The stock tire pressure is 32PSI all around...
Ahh that must be it, I have not reset the ECU. Would you please walk me through how to do that? I would be very appreciative!

Ahh that must be it, I have not reset the ECU. Would you please walk me through how to do that? I would be very appreciative!
Super simple. Disconnect the negative terminal. Leave it disconnected for 10-15 minutes. Connect it. Turn the key to the on position but DO NOT LET IT START! Let the screen load and do all its stuff. After that start it up. That is assuming you have the corolla with the touch screen radio.

Jlinn

My wife's driving it right now once she's back I'll take pics and it took me around 1 hour because I was doing it in the dark and had no idea what I was doing so I took my time

that's weird I've used paint on a windows 7 and windows 8 laptops and both worked just fine. you can also find image resizing online with a google search as well and just do it on there site then upload it here

oh man sorry for the trouble. I post my pictures using Flickr, I upload it there first then I grab the link, easier that way for me. Hope you sort it out

update, i recently returned my K&N typhoon intake due to hesitation after a period of driving apprx 25 minutes, essentially i would sit at a light and when applying throttle the veh would actually buck, I had the techs take a look they performed various tests and came to the conclusion that from a dead stop the typhoon intake was/is causing more harm than good. we installed a trd airfilter and called it a day.

update, i recently returned my K&N typhoon intake due to hesitation after a period of driving apprx 25 minutes, essentially i would sit at a light and when applying throttle the veh would actually buck, I had the techs take a look they performed various tests and came to the conclusion that from a dead stop the typhoon intake was/is causing more harm than good. we installed a trd airfilter and called it a day.
Good on you for letting us know. Couple questions though...
1.) After it was initially installed, did you reset the ECU so that the ECU can learn/adapt to the new volume of air being taken in?
2.) How many miles did you drive the car with the intake on? Have you ever cleaned it?
3.) Did you check the MAF to see if any of the oil/debris from the intake gunk it up?

So guys I have a question. Can I install an intake on my car even though the mileage is only below 500? It's been a week old and I want to install an intake already.
Or do I have to wait to get to a certain mileage before installing?

Jlinn

So guys I have a question. Can I install an intake on my car even though the mileage is only below 500? It's been a week old and I want to install an intake already.
Or do I have to wait to get to a certain mileage before installing?
I don't think it matters

drop in K&n filter is more my taste...it adds considerable acceleration when u smash through the floor, your head actually goes back for the first couple times until you get used to it... because why spend 300 dollars on short ram intake if most cars on the street can smoke ur 138-145 hp lmao...id rather get better acceleration off the line instead of top end where by that time my opponent will be long gone lol...sound aint worth 300 to be honest plus you get engine dust..

plus drop in filter is only 40$ and adds about 5-7 hp is what the dyno charts provided from a 1.8l corolla say, look on amazon the charts are there i would post link buuut I'm too new apparently haha

plus drop in filter is only 40$ and adds about 5-7 hp is what the dyno charts provided from a 1.8l corolla say, look on amazon the charts are there i would post link buuut I'm too new apparently haha
PLUS! Mighty Car Mods disproved cold air intakes. They found out that the best option is to keep the stock air box and use a reputable drop in filter brand like K&N. The only time I see the need for a cold air intake is if your car needs MORE air. You do not want too much air if the fuel can't match the air coming in.

PLUS! Mighty Car Mods disproved cold air intakes. They found out that the best option is to keep the stock air box and use a reputable drop in filter brand like K&N. The only time I see the need for a cold air intake is if your car needs MORE air. You do not want too much air if the fuel can't match the air coming in.

I'm a noob when it comes to intake. So you say a cold air intake isn't neccessary... But what about a short ram? The HPS brand I'm looking at is a short ram intake, would that be okay to install vs a cold air intake? (Not sure of the difference, sorry guys!)