Interior and Exterior Cleaner

I own a Toyota Corolla S CVT which includes SofTex Leather Seating. I'm wondering what everyone uses to clean their Softtex leather seats?

In addition; what products do you use to clean your Alloy Wheels?

Am trying to keep this ride nice and clean.

Interior: Meguiar's Ultimate
Note: To clean my dashboard and side doors.

Tire Shines: Armor All Extreme Tire Shine
Note: This gives a very nice shine but doesn't seem to last too long.

Rim / Wheels: I have not used any products yet. Researching.

Any suggestions

I use ArmorAll Mega Shine for the dash. For the tires I use what you use.

I use Meguiar's Synthetic Wax

For the Wheels I just wash and dry them. Windows I use Rain-X window cleaner, and for the Softtex leather seats, I will probably test out the ArmorAll leather conditioner to make sure it doesn't have adverse affects, and if all is well, I'll use that on all the leather for the car (steering wheel, door panels, seats, center console).

Charisma

Master Detailer!
I use a lot of Meguiar's Detailer grade products, especially for cookie-cutter detailing jobs; quick in-n-outs.

Donabed; check out Shine Supply. They're out in CA and make some absolutely great products.

I tried an experiment on my car, I put armor all on the front half of the interior including dash, seats, and all trim. At the same time I put mothers V L R on the rear half of the interior and I left it alone. That was about two months ago, the result was that the armor all looked blotchy after a week as if I didn't apply it evenly, but that was only on the dash, I'm sure the sun was a factor. The V L R looked a lot more consistent over all and had a deeper look to it perticularly on the softex seats. Conclusion is that the VLR is a better product but it has a very bad smell for about 3 days after applying it but not bad enough to stop using it. I haven't detailed my car in a while but I think this weekend is gonna be a good time.

Last edited:
I have read that some of these cleaners and protectants have petroleum distillates in them that adds a nice shine, however I've read that long term it actually can cause cracking in rubber and vinyl. Read the ingredients list before opening your wallet.

Last edited:
I should have done this before, Sorry I just didnt think about it. According to the safety data sheet on MOTHERS V L R It is not flammable, so me thinks it's safe to use on our cars.

I use Mother's products for everything on my car; Mother's car wash, waxes, polishes, paint sealants, plastic polish, clay bar, tire cleaner and tire shine, glass cleaner, wheel cleaner and wheel protectants, interior cleaners and protectants, etc. If Mother's makes it, I use it! They are quality products that work without having arm-and-a-leg prices. :thumbsup:

http://www.mothers.com/

Above is the link to the Mothers Polishes, Waxes and Cleaners website.

This is an excellent website that includes videos on how to use Mother's products, an online store, an online forum and tips for detailing your car to help you make it look fantastic. I've used Mother's products for years and I can highly recommend them. Mother's waxes and cleaners provide a shine that will make your car stand out from the crowd. :thumbup:

CarPro PERL (Plastic, Rubber, Engine, Leather) diluted differently it is used for different things. i use it on tires, engine and interior. great product.
Collinite 845 is the best hidden secret wax out there. do yourself a favor if you want a long lasting inexpensive wax and try it. at least do a google search on it and read about it.
just my 2 cents

http://www.carpro-us.com/exterior-surface-protection/perl-plastic-engine-rubber-leather-500ml/

http://www.collinite.com/automotive-wax/insulator-wax/

Last edited:
My '14 S Premium has the Softex, as well. Since that is a synthetic seating material, I wouldn't use a leather conditioner/product on it. The manual says to use a damp cloth. The jury is still way out on what I will use in the long run...