Interior Lights Don't Work When Doors Opened

I have a 2003 toyota corolla and I recently realized that the interiors lights have not been working for long time. When I open any doors, the lights don't turn on. I know the lights are fine because they turn on when I rotate that small wheel like switch by the driver's door.

Do any of you have similar problem? Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

On that small wheel like switch keep the arrow on the thickest white line. Not on the "on" side cause they will make it stay on all the time. The other smaller white lines control the brightness of your cluster gauge. The rear dome light should come on every time you open the door and will turn off in a few seconds after you close the door. The front map light near the rear view mirror and the sunroof/moonroof turns on manually. I don't know if non sunroof/moonroof map and dome lights are the same or not. I have a 2005 Corolla XRS with sunroof/moonroof.

Dome lights

I have a 2003 toyota corolla and I recently realized that the interiors lights have not been working for long time. When I open any doors, the lights don't turn on. I know the lights are fine because they turn on when I rotate that small wheel like switch by the driver's door.

Do any of you have similar problem? Any suggestions would be really appreciated!
I recently bought a slightly used 2011 Corolla with just over 33k. I had the same problem with the dome lights. It wouldn't turn on when I open the door. Mine has 3 settings: ON, OFF and DOOR. All I did was open the dome light cover and wiggle the wiring a bit...
voila, it worked eversince.! I also sprayed it with penetrating oil to lube the switch. You can try it and see what happens!