Is 2017 TOYOTA COROLLA iM OR 2017 TOYOTA PRIUS THREE ,??WHICH IS BETTER CAR TO OWN

2017 TOYOTA COROLLA iM OR

2017 TOYOTA PRIUS THREE

WHICH IS THE BETTER CAR TO OWN

EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE:
in Quality , performance ,longevity of each car to own ..

There is no such thing as a "better" car except in consideration of your own needs.
Corolla iM is cheaper, a bit long in the tooth (if it's important for you to have the last thing on the market) but an excellent, quite comfortable and reliable car with great MPG.
The 2017 Prius is newer (on the new TNGA platform) arguably a bit more comfortable, even more reliable (per statistics) and better MPG (it's a hybrid).
But it cost a few thousand more... that you won't necessarily recuperate, depending on gas prices to come where you are and your driving conditions (hybrid are more worthy in urban driving)
The iM has the same engine as the LE Eco sedan (but don't expect as good MPG because of the hatch format and bigger wheels).
Inside, the Prius has a more "futuristic" dash and more room.

They're literally 2 different cars... Size wise about the same... But you need to go drive both and decide what you like better

I dont have a Corolla IM. I have a 2017 Corolla SE and coming from a Prius I think the Corolla handles much better for highway driving, is much quieter, and has much more room in pass. compartment . Down side about 10 MPG.

We bought a 2017 Toyota IM, and we like it allot. It drives great...very smooth...The back window is small, so we took out the head rests in the back seat; which gives us a better view of the back window now..I've never owned a Toyota Prius, so I can't say which car is better. I feel we bought our IM for a decent price: $19,250 out the door: but we purchased extra coverage: so it wasn't really a "cheap" purchase...But we are very happy with it..

coming from a Prius I think the Corolla handles much better, is much quieter and has much more room
Previous gen Prius were indeed pretty lame, but the 4th gen is widely said to be much better with the TNGA platform (same as new Camry and next gen Corolla). So, in a word, I don't think it's the case anymore.
As far as passenger room, its a strong point for Corolla sedan (close to Camry, actually) but not the hatchback (iM), which is noticeably shorter with less interior space.

This is gonna sound stupid but do you mean the regular prius or the the C. Either way I think for the most part everyone has made valid points. I have an 11 prius 3, and14 corolla s. Let's talk real, if your looking for fuel economy no vehicle beats prius unless it's name is tesla but that's a totally different vic. If you're looking for something with a sporty look, but no power to prove it look no further than our beautiful corolla, fun fact the eco trim has 8-10 more HP, why that wasn't the standard setup idk. Don't get me wrong in comparison to the prius, the corolla flies. In terms of handling they both have a great feel the prius is a tad more comfortable, than again I have my rolla lowered on tein suspensions so best believe I feel the bumps but I can take turns and curves and a higher speed sidenote I wanna add the sway bars to help with the chassis roll. Anyways in terms of style "out the box" I appreciate the rolla more but the prius has nice body kits being made now and so does the rolla so visual mods are good to look into if u want to make ur car more u. So let's finalize this, gas prius, power rolla (not by much either) style rolla. Also I forgot to mention if it's something that excites you the rolla s cvt comes with "manual mode" and paddle shifters, not that it should be your deciding factor but I enjoy getting a Lil bit of that extra control with the cvt in my rolla. I hope this helped. Ultimately just do you your at the right make toyota hasn't really failed in reliability, where they have failed me personally is not making a Rolla that can compete with the other similar tier cars, lancer, civic, wrx, dart, avenger, focus etc...

Definitely 11th gen corolla.
-least expensive
-roomiest
-least complicated
-less things that can go wrong, cheaper to maintain
-smoother ride - sedan vs hatch back even if by little. Larger overhang behind rear wheels and better noise isolation due to trunk.
-most aftermarket parts if you're into that kind of stuff
-awesome gas mileage now with cvt, paying thousands extra for Prius and few miles per gallon doesn't make sense to me unless you're really driving A LOT. Regardless not worth the money for 10mpg or less in winter.
-you're not being judged in a corolla compared to Prius.
-don't like the plastic bumper addons on iM. Looks like what they did to 8th or 9th gen corolla S
-corolla is best selling car in the world for a reason
-has been perfected since we're on gen 11 since 1960s

The majority knows that owning a Toyota Corolla is a more sensible choice. I just know that for a fact. The Prius on the other hand...is what everyone pretty much said on this thread. You can always go for a test drive too and see which is best for you.

-least complicated
-less things that can go wrong, cheaper to maintain
-smoother ride - sedan vs hatch back even if by little. Larger overhang behind rear wheels and better noise isolation due to trunk.
-awesome gas mileage now with cvt, paying thousands extra for Prius and few miles per gallon doesn't make sense to me unless you're really driving A LOT. Regardless not worth the money for 10mpg or less in winter.
I have to disagree with you on these 4 things...
-The Prius is the lowest maintenance vehicle on the road. And has less things to go wrong. Not the corolla. And I'm a Corolla owner. Case in point... There is no starter, there is no alternator, there are no belts on the front of the engine. It only uses the service brakes under 5mph and in hard braking situations, therefore you can go 175k on a set of pads, working at a Toyota dealership i see that happen all the time.
-have you driven a new Prius? It's one of the quietest, smoothest cars Toyota makes vs the Corolla with the high revving whining cvt...
-the Corolla is still going to lose mileage in the winter just like the Prius and the drop the Prius takes is still better mileage than the Corolla in the summer...

Keep in mind I love my Corolla but the Prius is not this crazy futuristic car that everyone thinks it is... They've had some time to perfect it and there's a reason it's Toyotas #3 best selling vehicle. Yes it's more money... Yes it's kinda "lame" and you can't put all kinds of aftermarket junk on it but when it comes down to it, it is a very nicely made vehicle

I own a 2010 Prius and a 2009 Corolla S. I almost bought a new Corolla iM and I've driven the new Prius many times. The new 4th gen Prius is smoother and when in sport mode the Prius is quicker from 0-30 with the instant torque of the electric motors. Past 30 mph the Corolla iM will catch it and be faster 0-60 when equipped with the CVT. The benefit is that the iM can be bought with a 6-speed manual for less money then the CVT and it is a full second quicker from 0-60 mph then the CVT equipped car. Both the new Prius and iM have IRS. The Prius is bigger with more room but is more expensive. I've had to do nothing to my 2010 Prius but my 09 Corolla has been trouble free too. I love the looks of the iM a lot more and I was quoted under $16k after rebates for a iM with a 6MT so that is much cheaper then a Prius for $22k or more. The iM with a 6MT will be a lot more fun to drive. The other option is to by one of each for the best of both worlds.

My father actually got a Prius and I feel like I would choose corolla over it, but that may be because of the sentiment. Still, he really values his Prius and doesn't have any problems with, so far.