Is it worth it?

I have a 2005 Toyota Corolla Sport that I purchased in 2010. At the time it had about 45k miles on it and now it has about 148k (I think). Its finally getting to that point where things are starting to go wrong in it. I know NOTHING about working on cars. I've always relied on my brother for such things. I'm not great with keeping up on maintenance (hasn't had an oil change in about a year). We think the starter just went bad, the motors in the doors for the windows are slowly dying (windows sometimes take a while to go up or down), the lights that light up the controls for AC, fan, clock, etc have mostly gone out, the tint is peeling, and the paint is fading.

I guess my question is, at 148k miles, is it worth it to fix all of the problems and keep it running for a long time, or should I think about getting a new car sometime in the nearish future? My brother said the car will last a long time if I fix the problems but lately it seems like one thing after another. I do want to learn to work on cars so that I don't have to rely on mechanics as much so I could always use this as my "guinea pig" but it is my sole mode of transportation for work.

If you fix the things that are wrong you can sell/trade it in for more $$. Toyotas have a high resale value. I get a lot of parts for mine off of eBay and Amazon. Junk yards usually have a few too. But if there is a lot to fix it might be worth it just to get a new car. I know on Facebook people are always looking for inexpensive cars to buy and fix.

My brother said the car will last a long time if I fix the problems but lately it seems like one thing after another. I do want to learn to work on cars so that I don't have to rely on mechanics as much so I could always use this as my "guinea pig" but it is my sole mode of transportation for work.
YOUR brother is correct! All you have to do is YOUTUBE the DIY repairs! It fun and easy!

Beside, your Corolla is paid off right! Put some LOVE back into it. YOU take care of it and it will take care of YOU!

doomtuttle has the vehicle had its repairs done for the recalls on the door window motors ,the srs restraint system , and passenger air bag... just and heads up your local dealership will be glad to check if its been serviced .. good luck

The things you mentioned are easily repaired.Instead of getting a new starter ($200), take it out yourself and buy a starter(Denso) rebuilt kit from ebay for $10. It comes with 2 copper contacts and a plunger.