Is Re-Calibration after Windshield Replacement necessary?

Hi Everyone! Hope everyone is safe and healthy.

My rock chip repair on my 2018 Corolla LE has failed and im now left with an 18 inch crack across my windshield that requires replacement.

Question: Does anyone know if re-calibration is required or even recommended after windshield replacement? I've checked with several places and i've been getting slightly conflicting responses...basically just muddied my understanding. Generally speaking, im being told that they either dont do re-calibration at all and or that it's not necessary for my model car.

Thanks in Advance!

-Br.

Update: So I never gave the dealership a call because a coworker recommended me a shop (as opposed to a mobile only service). They ended up "waiving" the recalibration fee. In fact, they were one of the few places (shop and mobile) that even offered me the recalibration service. Maybe everyone else is right and it's not really needed and they were nice enough not to upsell but it's nice to have the peace of mind to know it was done.

The shop told me they charge the insurance companies $300 to perform a recalibration. Coincidentally, that's what Safelite, in my area, charges as well. The shop said it's a relatively easy process and most of it is just computerized (scantool and module software) and targets. We did go for a test drive to confirm the calibration.

Disclaimer, Google says to only have the recalibration done by the dealer and only replace with (OE glass).

-Br.