Is there some sort of trick to get the AC to turn off?

Like mine will never turn off completely. Like some sort of fan is always on or the heat is always coming out no matter what buttons Im pressing. Am I doing this wrong?

Like mine will never turn off completely. Like some sort of fan is always on or the heat is always coming out no matter what buttons Im pressing. Am I doing this wrong?
Are you saying your air conditioning is actually constantly on? Or do you just mean you can always feel a small stream of air from the vents?

There will always be some air flow through the vents, I believe that is normal operation. (perhaps not if you set it to "recirculate") Plus if you have the auto climate control on, the car will attempt to reach and maintain that temperature. But that doesn't mean the air conditioning should be running all the time. But even with the auto mode deactivated, it is normal to still have a trickle of air even with the fan turned to the lowest setting / off.

Take a few minutes with the operation manual to be sure you understand how the temperature control works with the Corolla. It can be a little confusing. The control layout, at least with the LE ECO, seems counter-intuitive. You turn a knob to adjust the temperature and push buttons to turn fan speed up or down - that seems backwards to me.