Issues in Rain

Hello,

I have a 99 Corolla which I purchased four years ago. Car has been great with the exception of one issue, it's handling in rain is getting worse as the car gets older. It has a tendency to slide on the road, even when going extremely slow (5-15mph). We thought the issue was the tires, they had a little tread left on them, but were old, so we bought new tires. Even after replacing the tires there was no change. This last week I slid off the road in the car going about 20 mph at a small bend. Luckily I missed the post and was able to get back on the road shortly after stopping. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue or knows where I might start looking to solve the issue? I can't imagine this is just normal for the car. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Like I said its a great car, no problems at all, until there's wet roads.

What kind of tires did you buy? Seems like an odd problem for a Corolla. I've known tons of Corollas in my lifetime and I've never heard of such a thing. Scary, I'm sure. Hope you fix the problem soon!

Just remember, just because you got new tires doesn't mean those tires are good in the rain. i hope you researched your tires before you bought them?

For a car to hydroplane, (skid in the rain), this is always due to tires that have very little tread left, poor performing tires, excessive speed, or a combination of any of these three.

What brand and model of tire did you purchase?