It Looks Like You Can LED Every Bulb After All.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I found this while lollygagging online

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/ORACLE9005LEDHeadlightReplacementBulbs.aspx

LED High Beams FTW!!!

$200 though ... but I suppose that is equivalent to about 3.5 sets of Silverstar ZXE, and these will definitely last a hell of a lot longer than that, considering that ZXEs are typically dead in two years. The beam pattern looks incredibly aggressive, but since halogen high beams blind people anyway, it shouldn't make a difference since I will keep them off when other people pass me (and I rarely use my highs anyway unless I'm on a road trip looking out for deer).

2 x 14 W Cree LED per bulb, so you are drawing just slightly above half the power.

Seriously though, I would not recommend a set of these for 2013 and below owners looking to make their low beams LED. You can tell by the picture comparing the beam pattern that these will blind drivers.

The Nokya fog lights I got were specifically designed to be used as fog lights and have the appropriate beam pattern.

These lights were designed to have the most aggressive pattern possible.

$200 though ... but I suppose that is equivalent to about 3.5 sets of Silverstar ZXE, and these will definitely last a hell of a lot longer than that, considering that ZXEs are typically dead in two years.
The warranty is 2 years. Google says that Sylvania Silverstar ZXE has a 1 year warranty.

Warranty isn't an indication of how long a part will last. Halogen bulbs usually get around 1,600 - 3,200 hours before burning out. LEDs can go from 40,000 - 100,000 hours.

Warranty isn't an indication of how long a part will last. Halogen bulbs usually get around 1,600 - 3,200 hours before burning out. LEDs can go from 40,000 - 100,000 hours.
Warranty is actually an indication of how long a part will last, that's just how things work in this world. LEDs can overheat and that reduces life greatly, which is why LEDs need heat sinks and fans in high output situations. High beams are about at high of output as you're going to find for LEDs.

The bulb is neat, but it's a complete misunderstanding of LEDs to compare the life of a LED flashlight to a LED headlight.

Last edited:
Warranty is actually an indication of how long a part will last, that's just how things work in this world. LEDs can overheat and that reduces life greatly, which is why LEDs need heat sinks and fans in high output situations. High beams are about at high of output as you're going to find for LEDs.

The bulb is neat, but it's a complete misunderstanding of LEDs to compare the life of a LED flashlight to a LED headlight.
So by that measurement, KIA is the best car maker around with their 10 year warranty. Toyota and Honda being two of the worst, with only 4 year warranties.

^this

And the company claims a 40,000 hour lifetime.

My Focus already started dying right after the warranty expired. My Matrix gave me no troubles at all well past the warranty.

Last edited: