Jay's 2011 Toyota Corolla

sSo I'm new to this forum I currently just picked up a 2011 Toyota Corolla LE, I traded my 2008 Chevy Colorado LT regular cab 4x4 . I got the car for $12,498.00 down in Mass, I'm from New York. I thought it was a good deal it has 32,000 miles and still has the bumper to bumper warranty which I had to use because it had a TSB out on when u drive 40mph the drive by wore system would make the computer glitch and drop the rpms 300-400rpms and going 70 when you let of the gas the car would go 3 tenths off a mile like it was in cruise control before the engine would start slowing down or having to tap the brakes.
I didn't want to trade my truck as I had put Ultra 15x8 wheels with 31x10.50 bfg all terrain tires and new Bilstein 4600 series shocks on it, the truck also had a Eaton G80 locker and 3.73 gearing. Me and my girlfriend found out she's pregnant and I needed a family car, I went with the corolla because she has a 2010 red LE and I liked how easily the motor.revs up and how smooth it is plus Toyota makes the most solid drive trains out and hold there resale value well.

I currently had it for two weeks and had to change the looks so it didn't blend in with every other corolla on the road, I bought some Sparco 15x6.5 Posts rims and slapped in a K&N drop in filter to get rid of the paper filter. I love the look of the rims on the car and I'll post pictures today when I get home.

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum! Nice car! :)

The oiled, wet cotton gauze air filters do present some problems. If you hold them up to a strong light, you can see beams of light through the filtration media. If you can see beams of light, this can also mean dirt can flow through those holes. Also, the oil can get on the MAF sensor and damage it. They can be very expensive to replace and Toyota wont warranty that, as it's not a defect issue, just to give you a heads up.

Last edited:
I've never had a issue with oil getting on the MAF I had one in my truck that was over oiled and left a puddle in the bottom of the air box. I clean my MAF every 15k takes 2 seconds. ust cause you can see light through a filter doesn't mean dirt will pass, I read on their website that particals take the path of least resistance when in the air stream and some larger particals get thrown out of normal flow of air and smaller ones will hit the filter and bounce around and get trapped. Read there website on their filters I can't really explain it like they did but it makes sense. Basically every offroad trophy truck racer runs K&N because oiled filters can hold particles better. For a daily driver that isn't offroading in the dirt it will serve its job well and flow more air then stock.

Does anyone know the weight of the stock steelies because I know my rims are pretty light at 16.7lbs which should translate to better MPG and acceleration. Also them being more open help the brakes cool better.

I use to have a 98 Honda civic ex with a swapped B16a from japan with a header full 2.25 exhaust intake and under drive pulleys light weight clutch. Lowered and on rims that was a fun lil car. It was pretty quick when vtec kicked in at 6k rpms and redlined at 8400 it also had a LSD in the tranny