just installed a 93 1.8 into my 95 corolla but it wont start due to no spark will this engine work i

Troy

the 95 had a crank position sensor, the 93 engine has no place to put one (i dont think) ? although i do have it plugged into the harness and the 93 had a different distributor but i used the 95, i get power to the distributor but no spark to the plugs , both engines ran before pulled, wondering if anybody knows if this engine is even going to work in this car?

Was it the same model of engine? Like my 93 DX, the 1.8 is a 7afe. If I remember correctly, there's a plate on the grill side with the model number.

How were the oil pans shaped on the two engines? My 1.8 has a separate oil pan underneath the block pan/cover, my 1.6 it's all one piece. Hoping I never need to pull my 1.6 oil pan . . .

P.S. Had to switch engines in a 93 DX because of a torn up driveshaft. Took out a 1.8 and put in a 1.6 of same year.

Troy

My issue isn't the model or the size it's the 2 different years that separate them I believe the cps is my biggest issue so I need to know if I'm going to need to change computer and harness to make my engine run ?

Understand. But, if you're switching years but not engine models, then it's probably ok. That was the main reason I asked.

Also, since I know this forum isn't very busy, have you tried Toyota Nation? It has a lot more activity.

Troy

I think I've be on it to look but have not joined to post, so you say it should be OK, what about the fact that I have no where to install my cps unless I use the 93 distributer which requires a different harness which in turn would no doubt require a different computer

Still have not come across anyone who can give me the info I need on this project surely there must be someone out there who knows ???