Just Picked Up the New 14 S

Just got my first Toyota. 14 Corolla S White. Best looking color IMO.

Just got it tinted and like most people will be looking into helping it sit about 1.5" lower. Just to get it out of that rental car height :)

Time to plastidip some emblems. Anyone done it with them still on the car?

Attachments

Last edited:
Congrats on the new car. We just got the same. When we started looking, she wanted a silver car, all the other cars we test drove were silver or gray. When we saw the Corolla S though, we both decided it looked best in white. The best part is that our dealership gives free car washes for life. Its a soft touch which I don't use on my car, but I'm sure she'll have no problem running hers through it though. She also wants the windows tinted too, to match all the other black accents.

Congrats on the new car. We just got the same. When we started looking, she wanted a silver car, all the other cars we test drove were silver or gray. When we saw the Corolla S though, we both decided it looked best in white. The best part is that our dealership gives free car washes for life. Its a soft touch which I don't use on my car, but I'm sure she'll have no problem running hers through it though. She also wants the windows tinted too, to match all the other black accents.
Nice. As a buying special they gave me the code to the car wash also! Haven't ran through it yet tho. Still pretty cold out here. Do you guys have any plans for your Corolla besides the tint? I did 20% all the way around and the windshield strip. I will post some daytime pictures tomorrow so people can get a feel for how dark it looks during the day.

I have a 2014 Corolla S Plus in Black...plans are dipping the emblems in charcoal gray...except the S logo which will be done in Koi Orange....tint (legal to Ohio law, I just do not want hassled). I am trying to decide whether to lower it on Teins or not.

The interior lights are going to be swapped out for white LEDs as well as the trunk and license plate lights. I will also swap out the reverse lights for LEDs.

I was thinking of just doing a speaker upgrade...the shop I want to take it to that will do the tint also does audio, so I will talk with them and see what they think.

Also up for consideration is a CAI and an axle back exhaust set up...but that's all going to depend on whether or not it voids the warranty.

Hopefully will do a wheel swap too..I like the stock wheels, but I want something different...

That's all I can think about for now

I have a 2014 Corolla S Plus in Black...plans are dipping the emblems in charcoal gray...except the S logo which will be done in Koi Orange....tint (legal to Ohio law, I just do not want hassled). I am trying to decide whether to lower it on Teins or not.

The interior lights are going to be swapped out for white LEDs as well as the trunk and license plate lights. I will also swap out the reverse lights for LEDs.

I was thinking of just doing a speaker upgrade...the shop I want to take it to that will do the tint also does audio, so I will talk with them and see what they think.

Also up for consideration is a CAI and an axle back exhaust set up...but that's all going to depend on whether or not it voids the warranty.

Hopefully will do a wheel swap too..I like the stock wheels, but I want something different...

Good list! I'll be excited to see it when it's done. Looks like most of us are interested in lowering.. Just finding the best way to go about it!

Good list! I'll be excited to see it when it's done. Looks like most of us are interested in lowering.. Just finding the best way to go about it!
I ordered a magnaflow muffler, K&N cold air intake and Tein S Tech lowering springs last night...can't wait to start the work.

VTAK8k

2014 S Plus

Can you link the interior and license plate LEDs that you get? I did it to my car a few years ago and love how much brighter my interior is. Its one of the few mods I want to do to this Corolla. I remember searching Amazon for awhile trying to find the right ones back then. If you've already found them for this car, that would be easier.

I ordered a magnaflow muffler, K&N cold air intake and Tein S Tech lowering springs last night...can't wait to start the work.
Hey GlockGuy, do you mind posting the links to where you ordered the muffler, intake, and springs from?

I am looking into doing something similar to my Corolla, but haven't been able to find amazing prices yet.

Big thanks!!

Tein S Tech Springs are supposed to give a 1.5/1.8" drop I bought those on Amazon.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Tein-SKQ26-AUB00-S-Tech-Lowering-Corolla/dp/B005GQTHSE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393709862&sr=8-1&keywords=SKQ26-AUB00[/ame]

Magnaflow Part #12255

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/65A2694A0A0.aspx

It's going to be the Center/Offset 2.25" 5"x8"x14" for $84.47

K&N part #69-8757TTK

http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/kn-69-series-typhoon-intake-systems

Use code AA15 for 15% off K&N. It took the price for $254.99 to $216.74...good deal in my opinion.

I'll get links to the lights later but I bought them from iJDMtoy

Just got my first Toyota. 14 Corolla S White. Best looking color IMO.

Just got it tinted and like most people will be looking into helping it sit about 1.5" lower. Just to get it out of that rental car height :)

Time to plastidip some emblems. Anyone done it with them still on the car?
Hey, ive done my emblems on my 2007 white corolla s and it was real easy just be careful when peeling around the emblems try not to break the dip and peel all in one piece. You dont want to have to use something sharp to peel because it might scratch your paint.

Wow those LEDs are seriously over priced. Why not hit up ebay? I get all my led and components from there. Don't forget almost all that stuff is manufactured in china nonetheless.

vance07

Brandon Vance
I probably will use this for the rear dome. One guy said he used a panel there

https://store.ijdmtoy.com/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=SKU53-pcs

These for various interior lights and the license plate

https://store.ijdmtoy.com/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=LED_5SMT_T10_SKU11

I got these for the reverse lights

https://store.ijdmtoy.com/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=LED-SKU318
You can purchase an entire kit minus the reverse lights cheaper on amazon just searck 2014 corolla led kit, and superbrightled.com is cheaper on all the other lights

superbrightled.com is expensive, and I would kick myself spending that money to find out the Amazon kit lasts longer.

But I have the moonroof. I think the maplights are different between moonroof and non moonroof but I am not 100% on that. Guess I could always pull a bulb from mine and then my girl's 2010 to compare.