Latest mod in progress

Man that looks sick! I already have RGB footwell lighting, and I like to change up the colors every now and then for a little variation. I wonder of there's a way to get something like this that will change colors along with my footwell lights.

IMG_1395.JPG Found two connectors under the cup holders. I believe the white one would go to the sport button if I had one.
The black one goes to the traction control button. And I think the blue one would have to do with a manual tranny.
Does anyone know for sure, or would be willing to look for me?

(Sorry for the crappy picture. Forum rules)

Nicely done man. So the 2-3/4 & 2-5/8 fit well then. I'm actually thinking of doing that for my Rolla too. Just to give an extra wow factor when I do uber lol. I currently have blue leds on the side where the skid plates go.

Nicely done man. So the 2-3/4 & 2-5/8 fit well then. I'm actually thinking of doing that for my Rolla too. Just to give an extra wow factor when I do uber lol. I currently have blue leds on the side where the skid plates go.
Yes, 2-3/4 & 2-5/8. Drilling is required, just FYI. That's why I bought a spare cup holder. Also, they're easy to get now while the car is still in production.
Yeah, now that it's dark out, been cruisin around. The lights are a little bright but not distracting. Might be because I'm focused on looking at them.

View attachment 2173 Thought I would add an under hood light too, while I was in the wiring mood. Also added a mercury switch so it automatically turns on when open.
I was thinking of doing the same thing! Looks fantastic! What light did you use? Anything specific or just some generic LED strip?
Also how the heck did you get your engine bay looking so clean?? Mine is awful but I don't know what to do about it because I'm afraid of ruining something electrical while cleaning in there.

View attachment 2171 Found two connectors under the cup holders. I believe the white one would go to the sport button if I had one.
The black one goes to the traction control button. And I think the blue one would have to do with a manual tranny.
Does anyone know for sure, or would be willing to look for me?

(Sorry for the crappy picture. Forum rules)
Yes that is correct. I have the S trim and the white connector is for the sport button. The blue connector doesn't go to anything on my CVT car either so I also assume it has something to do with the manual trans.

I was thinking of doing the same thing! Looks fantastic! What light did you use? Anything specific or just some generic LED strip?
Also how the heck did you get your engine bay looking so clean?? Mine is awful but I don't know what to do about it because I'm afraid of ruining something electrical while cleaning in there.
Lol, I wipe it down every once in a while. This is our second car that has turned into my project car. I can count on one hand how many times it's been driven in bad weather. It's garage kept and has 8956 miles.
Cars are pretty much waterproof so you could use some degreaser and a mild pressure washer or hose. Just watch the intake and the fuse box.
As for the LED, I got a pair from Amazon. Add on item, was like $6!
The switch is also from Amazon it was $11 w/ shipping. No prime. It's not the best, so shop around. I did a load test on the hood light set up and it draws 0.005 amps. Even if I left it on all the time, it would probably never drain the battery. But the switch isn't working that well, so I'll be shopping for a different one.

Yes that is correct. I have the S trim and the white connector is for the sport button. The blue connector doesn't go to anything on my CVT car either so I also assume it has something to do with the manual trans.
Great place to tap the wiring for the cup holder LED's!
Light green was positive and white w/black strip was negative. I wonder what would happen if I added the sport button? Gotta be good for at least 30 hp! Hahahahaha!

RioRand 2-Piece Waterproof Aluminum High Power 6W 6000K Xenon Slim COB LED Daytime Running Light (White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C1YI2XA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_bPaMybXJ7KS1H

Yeah I'm going to dynamat everything once i upgrade the speakers
I bought 5 sheets 18x32 for $89 on Amazon. There is NO place in this car where I can just install a whole sheet!
I just did the underside of the rear deck lid the other night. Took two hours to cut little squares and rectangles out. Lol
But well worth the effort! NO more rattles from there anymore!
I also lined the edges with 3/4" felt tape, also from Amazon.

Man that looks sick! I already have RGB footwell lighting, and I like to change up the colors every now and then for a little variation. I wonder of there's a way to get something like this that will change colors along with my footwell lights.
After some research this evening, I'm pretty sure I could make these lights in RGB or RGBW (see, I've learned the lingo, lol)
Here's what I pulled from it IMG_1656.JPG if I can find these online somewhere it should be easy to make.

Last edited:
After some research this evening, I'm pretty sure I could make these lights in RGB or RGBW (see, I've learned the lingo, lol)
Here's what I pulled from it View attachment 2559 if I can find these online somewhere it should be easy to make.
Yeah I had an idea to put in RGB LEDs like the one you pictured behind the interior door handles, cup holders, that little area below the AC controls, and maybe more places. I was thinking I'd control it with arduino so that I could make everything custom.

Yeah I had an idea to put in RGB LEDs like the one you pictured behind the interior door handles, cup holders, that little area below the AC controls, and maybe more places. I was thinking I'd control it with arduino so that I could make everything custom.
If you find any, let me know!
I've been searching and can't find one that's a) rgb/w and b) in the same configuration.

View attachment 2551 View attachment 2550
It's not perfect, but I don't care on this car. Anything looks better than it did!
I didn't get the grain lined up. Probably because I was only going to do one part and ended up doing the whole thing.
How hard was it to wrap this? I've never wrapped anything before so it would be my first time as well. How good is the fake carbon fiber? I love real CF but i'm very weary about the fake stuff haha

How hard was it to wrap this? I've never wrapped anything before so it would be my first time as well. How good is the fake carbon fiber? I love real CF but i'm very weary about the fake stuff haha
I am definitely not one to do mods like this. I prefer real over wallpaper too, lol.
I just wanted to cover up my front door handles in the Corolla. They were looking a little faded from general ware and tare (sp). I liked it so much that I just kept covering things!!
It's really easy to do. You need the right wrap, I'm using 3M 1080 CF that I bought off Amazon and a $9 harbor freight heat gun. An exacto knife and some scissors.
I'll admit, I watched a few YouTube videos prior to attempting this.
The wrap is very forgiving when heated.
I just bought another roll that I'm going to use on the C pillar covers. This time, I'm gonna make the grain face the same way!
BTW, the corners are a bitch!