LED Fog Lights - I Might Give Them a Try

These work with 2014 Osram H16 type bulbs. They use 10 Watts each (opposed to the stock 19 Watt bulbs), and are supposedly designed to specifically have the fog light beam pattern. They are also yellow, which is great.

They are expensive, I hate how a box needs to be mounted (this could be because CREE LEDs do get hot and require a heatsink or melting of the housing could occur, so I guess there isn't any other way short of using dimmer and inferior LEDs), and I cannot find any reviews on them at all, so I'd basically be the guinea pig here.

I'm also not trusting the obviously enhanced pictures, but the curiosity is starting to get to me. They are made in Korea, and Korea does put out good stuff.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BFL7P7E/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2MOA57AGVJP6S&coliid=I22XKBS8J43BUH"]http://www.amazon.com/Nokya-Hi-power-H8-H9-H11/dp/B00BFL7P7E/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1398770709&sr=1-1&keywords=NOK9618[/ame]

I will probably pick them up and install them around June. I'll post pictures of the install, where I mount the box, and how they look at night. I have a wedding to go to in May, as well as a Microsoft Office 365 subscription to renew, and since college sucks away all of my money, I don't have a ton of disposable income.

Which reminds me ... STAY AWAY FROM PIAA FOGLIGHTS ON EBAY!!! They are knock-offs. PIAA does not list Osram H16 on their website at all, so anything you see are probably just regular bulbs that are tinted yellow and sold in a knock-off PIAA box.

EDIT: There are reviews on different models of these same bulbs and people are saying they are awesome in fog in snow ... so I feel more confident about diving in.

Last edited:
Apparently Amazon links don't work too well for some reason. Just search NOK9618

Amazon doesn't have them listed as H16 but that is the correct part number I got from the Nokya website.

Annnnnnd they are ordered. I have a group project this month so I am not sure when I'll have the time to install them, but I will get before and after pictures, and see how the beam pattern is in a dark area.

VTAK8k

2014 S Plus
No ones gonna miss you on the roads with all those brighter lights! And think of all the gas you'll be saving from reduced use of your alternator.