LED footwell lights installed

I added a fuse tap ($4-$7) for 10 pack or less in my dome light fuse in the engine bay, i already had a hole going from there to my interior because of a sub i have installed so i ran the wire through there down inside

(Oem fuse for the dome is a 10 amp, for the tap you'll need two 10 amp fuses)

(Fuse stock is the 'micro' i had the 'mini' fuse tap but it worked for me plus 'mini' fuses are much easier and cheap in case of anything but whatever works.

Once you have the positive inside you'll need to wire it to the positive on the LED strip, then on the LED strip you'll need to run a ground to the little door sensor that is a single cable (ground) and hook it up to the striker (door thing that pushes in when the door is closed)

Thats about it the mounting sucks the corolla doesnt have much of a good area to stick the led on, i took a pic of the drivers side but that today has been unsticking so ill have to try something else to get it to stick

You'll have to run a ground to each striker per door that you'll want the lights to turn on and off with, i did just my 2 front doors

Attachments

I added a fuse tap ($4-$7) for 10 pack or less in my dome light fuse in the engine bay, i already had a hole going from there to my interior because of a sub i have installed so i ran the wire through there down inside

(Oem fuse for the dome is a 10 amp, for the tap you'll need two 10 amp fuses)

(Fuse stock is the 'micro' i had the 'mini' fuse tap but it worked for me plus 'mini' fuses are much easier and cheap in case of anything but whatever works.

Once you have the positive inside you'll need to wire it to the positive on the LED strip, then on the LED strip you'll need to run a ground to the little door sensor that is a single cable (ground) and hook it up to the striker (door thing that pushes in when the door is closed)

Thats about it the mounting sucks the corolla doesnt have much of a good area to stick the led on, i took a pic of the drivers side but that today has been unsticking so ill have to try something else to get it to stick

You'll have to run a ground to each striker per door that you'll want the lights to turn on and off with, i did just my 2 front doors
Nice write up, thanks!
I see you didn't want to drill any holes in your fuse box either. I have the micro tap in the same spot but it feeds my hood light.
I'm gonna attempt the led strips eventually. But your right, very limited on placement.