Lowering Spring Advice

a.nunez

9th Gen Corolla
I want to buy some lowering springs for my 03. I cant corner with my ride height like a darn suv haha. so I have a decision between::
1.Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
2.Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs
3.H&R Race Springs

Ive done some research and Im leaning towards the Eibach, but Ive seen mixed reviews. Anybody installed any of these on your Corolla or other car?
P.S. I will be replacing oem shocks/struts as well.

If you've ever heard of the Pontiac Trans Am, you could order it with a special WS-6 high performance handling package, which greatly improved it's handling. The engineer that designed this is a world famous suspension engineer named Herb Adams and he doesn't recommend lowering springs, saying they are unnecessary, a waste of money and you can get better results from the stock springs. He even used stock springs in his Pontiac Trans Am race car in the 24 hours of Daytona, defeating many high end mega-dollars cars such as Porsche's and Ferrari's.

What he does recommend instead is cutting 1/4 coil from the stock springs and for many good reasons, as there's nothing wrong with the stock springs and in fact, they are a superior choice to aftermarket springs as they have already settled and will not having your car riding too low. Saving money on unneeded replacement springs is just icing on the cake. He points out that if you like the look of new springs, you can simply repaint the current springs in any color that suits your fancy and "Voila!", new springs. :)

Jay

I have a set of the tein s lowering kit on my 08 corolla am letting it go for $150. They are very good and steady bought it about 5 months ago.

I have s-techs with Tokico HP Blues...best way to go. Don't put put lowering springs on stock struts...your gonna end up blowing them...
Its been 2 years so far on my current setup.

But just remember a lowering spring does just that...lowers. Yes you will get some performance out of them, but coilovers are were you get the performance out of.
I don't regret getting my setup at all...I love it.

TRD springs are Eibach springs with a TRD label on them. I'd go with a suspension kit from those folks, simply for the reason that Toyota Racing Development say they're good.

This whole cutting springs down thing that Scott brought up, how hard is that to do? I Drive " enthusiastically" with my car. I went from an 02 corolla to an 04 and I always feel like i'm going to tip over long before I lose grip. And I actually just joined tonight because i was going to post about this. (i'm no nooobie, i know my way around a forum ;) haha)

This whole cutting springs down thing that Scott brought up, how hard is that to do? I Drive " enthusiastically" with my car. I went from an 02 corolla to an 04 and I always feel like i'm going to tip over long before I lose grip. And I actually just joined tonight because i was going to post about this. (i'm no nooobie, i know my way around a forum ;) haha)
If the car is leaning in the turns, you don't need new springs but bigger/better anti-sway bars.