Lowering Springs and warranty

Hey guys, new Corolla owner and new to forum. I'm on a budget but wanting to make my corolla my own, so I'm thinking I'll start off with lowering my car. I'm curious if anyone is aware how strict dealerships are with springs and voiding warranty. I asked the guy while I was getting my car serviced at Toyota and he said that TDR springs are ok, as long as I get them installed by the dealership, but that drives the price through the roof. Should I really consider this before installing myself, or is he blowing smoke?

I would not do anything other than TRD springs installed by PROFESSIONALS at the dealership if you wish to avoid molesting your warranty. Remember it boils down to the fact that when it comes to modding your car, you have to pay to play. If you are on a strict budget, modding is not for the faint of heart. I have been in lots of car clubs and forums over the years and it always amazes me when someone decides to play and then whines about voided warranties or altered drivability. You change a lot of stuff when you change the riding height of your vehicle that messes with the front end geometry. Do a quick search as this topic pops up every so often and there have been some good discussions in the past.

koby

just being straight with you, but if your on a budget you may want to stick to cosmetic mods for now. even after you lower the car it is still highly advisable to get a proper alignment. Also, struts, ball joints, etc...will where out faster since the geometry of the suspension has been changed.

Exactly! That is precisely why non factory lowering kits almost always void the warranty. Over the many years, I have seen lots of people lower their vehicles and then whine when the dealer will not cover drivetrain related problems like leaks around the halfshaft seals.

Mod your car!! The older you get , the more money you are going to make anyways. The time things go bad, you are going be over your miles anyway for warrenty. Lower your car, our car really don't have camber issues at all. No need for camber kits. DRIVING A LOWERED CAR 10X MORE FUN THEN A STOCK ONE!! Just change the springs , in 2 years when shocks go bad upgrade to adjustable coilovers. I lowered my car 1 month after buying it, it now has 40k miles, best mod, no regrets. STOCK shocks still working fine.

If he runs into problems, will you financially assist him? I mention that because he states that he is under a budget. When you mod, you better be ready to pay to play.

Hey guys, new Corolla owner and new to forum. I'm on a budget but wanting to make my corolla my own, so I'm thinking I'll start off with lowering my car. I'm curious if anyone is aware how strict dealerships are with springs and voiding warranty. I asked the guy while I was getting my car serviced at Toyota and he said that TDR springs are ok, as long as I get them installed by the dealership, but that drives the price through the roof. Should I really consider this before installing myself, or is he blowing smoke?[/QUOTE
Hey guys, new Corolla owner and new to forum. I'm on a budget but wanting to make my corolla my own, so I'm thinking I'll start off with lowering my car. I'm curious if anyone is aware how strict dealerships are with springs and voiding warranty. I asked the guy while I was getting my car serviced at Toyota and he said that TDR springs are ok, as long as I get them installed by the dealership, but that drives the price through the roof. Should I really consider this before installing myself, or is he blowing smoke?
I helped my friend put Amazon springs on mine got them for about $90 and $90 for all 4 wheel alignment