MAF extension

Is your HP's intake giving you troubles ?
No, the Jet chip MAF was. I removed it and put the stock one back in.
I just don't like the nasty looking stock wire wrapped over my SRI.
OCD:confused:
I know there are extensions out there just need to find someone who has different ne this, so I get the right one.

-BOGEY-

I was just thinking...what if you put the wires inside some red (or any color) conduit? I've seen it in the auto retail stores where it has the split and simply wraps around any wire...granted its still running over the top, but would look much better...just a thought.

I really am digging that red powdercoated HPS intake (or any of equal or better quality) but most reviews Ive read they are throwing CEL. Im not wanting that so Im putting off...:-(
I have had zero issues with the short ram. It's been on there for months. Only when I changed the MAF sensor, did I get the CEL.
You'll be fine with just the SRI and reuse the stock MAF.
I just did some research on that sensor, it was made for the 1ZZFE engine. Not specifically for the 2ZRFE.
I've contacted Jetchips.com, just waiting to hear from them.

Cold air draws outside air usually from a fender or behind the grill ....Ram air is no different other that the length of the tube. The filter stays in the engine compartment and is pulling much warmer/hotter air. Which is better??? Truly they are so similar you have to look at quality and build components and make your own conclusion. Many people are partial to one or the other due to brand name or past experiences.

Price wise the injen would be a no brainer? Isn't k and n more than injen product. And does injen require any mod permanent mod?

Price wise the injen would be a no brainer? Isn't k and n more than injen product. And does injen require any mod permanent mod?
The K&N typhoon is the most expensive and it's only a short ram.
The injen is cold air and replaces your stock air box. You would need to remove your battery and the plastic piece where you would access your fog light, for installation. There's no permanent modifications as it will use existing mounting holes and pathways.

I installed the HPS short ram about a year ago, along with the factory MAF. I also removed the entire factory intake system. I had no issues, other than a little lag in acceleration until the engine hit 2k RPM. I did install the JetChip MAF about 2 weeks ago, & I can definitely tell the difference. No more lag, especially with the A/C running! It was definitely worth the $125 for the chip! ;)

I installed the HPS short ram about a year ago, along with the factory MAF. I also removed the entire factory intake system. I had no issues, other than a little lag in acceleration until the engine hit 2k RPM. I did install the JetChip MAF about 2 weeks ago, & I can definitely tell the difference. No more lag, especially with the A/C running! It was definitely worth the $125 for the chip! ;)
Ok, so I'm not crazy! I felt that same lag until about 2k, and then this sucker takes off!! And your correct about the MAFS, dropped from 2k to 1k!
Have you noticed even more power when the barometric pressure drops?
I know, sounds nerdy but I can tell.
You know, some days whatever your driving seems to run really well? Well, I had to find out why.

TTupid question is chip used with injen or just short rams. And also will jet chip do anything for me if I just keep the kn dropin
Think of it as good, better, best.
Stock intake with MAFS good
Short ram better
Cold air best
Jet claims their product is built to exceed manufacturing specifications and that all vehicles will benefit from this sensor regardless of intake system.

Ok, so I'm not crazy! I felt that same lag until about 2k, and then this sucker takes off!! And your correct about the MAFS, dropped from 2k to 1k!
Have you noticed even more power when the barometric pressure drops?
I know, sounds nerdy but I can tell.
You know, some days whatever your driving seems to run really well? Well, I had to find out why.
Yeah man, that lag was killing me! Especially in the summer with the A/C running! Thanks again for recommending that MAFS! As for the pressure drops, it's always nice! Just doesn't happen too often around here...

so an aftermarket cold air intake could be installed without a MAF?
No. The computer needs the MAFS to run properly. The sensor measures the air temperature so that the computer can manage the fuel ratio.
The aftermarket sensor will "trick" your computer into burning more fuel thus increasing power.:cool: