Manual trans interchange??

Recently acquired with a 06 Corolla S...With a Manual 5 spd trans. Car was owned by a teenage boy for the last 60K.... currently has 187K. Im pretty sure he was not gentle on the car. LOL

Car had a bad case of how much can be wrong with 1 car. LOL I got everything fixed... Exh manifold, Brakes Muffler Wheel bearings, Rust repairs...

Finally able to actually drive it... 2nd gear grinds... rough shifts on the rest. its just not smooth. My research shows these trans to be somewhat troublesome.

My question is... What years can I use a Trans from? Local yards want stupid money.. so I want to find a complete car to use for parts.
What years had same transmission? Any years that are better then others?

I love my Toyotas... we have 8 different trucks and cars. Fixing this up for wife to drive.

You should be able to find a use/replacement transmission for dirt cheap. The Toyota motor 1zz/2zz was basically their "prostitute" motor and was practically whore out.

The irony.. this car is dirt cheap now, so if the junkyard was $1000.00 for a used transmission.. heck, you better off sell your current corolla + transmission funds = get another corolla :D

Thank you for the response... But you really didnt answer my questions. Im a truck guy....

What models and years can I use the 5 speed trans from?

Will all the 5 speeds mounted to the 1.8 engine be the same?

Thank you for the response... But you really didnt answer my questions. Im a truck guy....

What models and years can I use the 5 speed trans from?

Will all the 5 speeds mounted to the 1.8 engine be the same?
As far as i know if they are between 03-08 it should just bolt up. But they also have the same transmission in a toyota matrix and a pontiac vibe. Not sure of the year on those but i know thats where my transmission came from.