Miles per Tank

How many miles do you guys normally average per tank, and how many gallons does your car take when it's time to fill up? Mine usually can go 310 to 320 miles before the low fuel light comes on, and it takes ~10 gallons to fill up. I saw on another forum users were getting closer to 400 miles per tank. I have a '16 S+ with 22k miles on it.

My last 3 tanks have been pretty consistent 36.3, 36.1, 36.5 when I fill up today I'll see but I usually add 9.7-10 gallons ish so a little under 400 miles. This tank however will be 98% highway so should be interesting. I always use the same pump and same station so I feel it' pretty accurate.

2014 L 67,232 miles

My last 3 tanks have been pretty consistent 36.3, 36.1, 36.5 when I fill up today I'll see but I usually add 9.7-10 gallons ish so a little under 400 miles. This tank however will be 98% highway so should be interesting. I always use the same pump and same station so I feel it' pretty accurate.

2014 L 67,232 miles
is your 2014 L manual or traditional 4 gear A/T?

4 at just filled up again 36.24 mpg actual 37.1 on the display.
Not too bad then. I'm surprised since most cvt rollas aren't getting this type of mileage. The other thing is if you've got stock 15 inch wheels, they're narrower than LE/Eco/S
Narrower wheels=better fuel economy. Also, L means lighter vehicle due to no optional equipment, it all adds up.

jolly

+/- 10 gallons for +/- 400 miles 50/50 (LE Eco 2014). The LE Eco has the same 15" tires as the L. Those smaller wheels help both comfort and MPG even vs LE Eco Premium (16" wheels).

Didn' think they were helping THAT much. Dang guess I'll keep them. I bought the rolla SOLELY for the great factory headlights (one part of my commute is in the dark every day) and the great mileage!

+/- 10 gallons for +/- 400 miles 50/50 (LE Eco 2014). The LE Eco has the same 15" tires as the L. Those smaller wheels help both comfort and MPG even vs LE Eco Premium (16" wheels).
True Jolly, even though eco has alu rims they use narrower tires. Not sure about LE with steelies, they may be narrower as well but not positive. Although may not seem like a lot it makes a lot of difference.

True Jolly, even though eco has alu rims they use narrower tires. Not sure about LE with steelies, they may be narrower as well but not positive. Although may not seem like a lot it makes a lot of difference.
There are 3 tire sizes depending on models. Whether on steel or alloy depends on option group.
  • 195-65-15 steel: L / LE Eco
  • 205-55-16 steel: LE (and previous S)
  • 205-55-16 alloy: LE Premium / LE Eco Premium / XLE
  • 215-45-17 alloy: SE / XSE (and previous S Plus/Premium)
Per EPA numbers, it’s -1 mpg for each +1” but, as they say, results will vary! :D

On a full tank my car says it will go between 460-467 miles, but I fill it up when I get close to a quarter tank, which is reading between 95-105 miles left.

I drive a 2017 Rolla iM and am getting 500 Miles on a full tank of gas, my low fuel light kicks ON @ 550 to 570 miles I belive !
gone up2 510 miles, before I stop for gas before I star walking , better safe them waking ( LOL ) !
My shoe size are 240/45/17 , cant beat THAT !

eddie

I could see that. I have an iM too and I just filled up today. I was still over 1/4 tank and it took 8.387 gallons on 307.9 miles traveled. That averaged 36.71 MPG for that tank. If I ran the tank down lower I would have traveled 440 miles if I used 12 gallons. The iM holds 14 gallons and the Corolla sedan holds 13.2 gallons. If my MPG average was higher on a tank I could have gone even farther. The farthest I've driven on a tank is 435 miles using 10.9 gallons. Then again, I'm not that concerned with how many m miles are on a tank. I'll fill up when I get around 1/4 tank or when a station is on my way. My best MPG so far has been 42.73 on a tank and if I used 12 gallons I would cover 512 miles.

I feel same that my 2014 Corolla s is not giving me the right mileage I deserve. I also get between 270-280 miles per fill up which I think is very odd. I have asked my mechanic to diagnose severally but he also finds no fault. What really could be the problem?

What really could be the problem?
Always the same suspects among : gas quality (including part of ethanol), idle time, acceleration and stopping (gradually vs on/off type of pedals operation), driving conditions (road, pavement, temperature, altitude) and some mechanical basics (air filter, tires condition). And what's left in the tank when filling.