Mod suggestions for 2018 XSE

Hey, new member, just purchased a 2018 XSE (Used to have an 07 civic).

Just wanted to see what some of the best mods are that are commonly seen across Rolla's. Was thinking tints (obviously) Lowering springs (which brand?), exhaust..... etc.

would have never figured to get one for a corolla lol. Because it's brand new the pick up is quick and response it pretty good, was looking more into the cosmetic mods!

You asked about exhaust, many choices out there.
TRD
Borla
J2 Engineering
Etc.

Springs:
TRD
D2
Eibach
Megan
Tein
Etc.

Definitely get your tints! There are body kits available. Mapisa is a big one, and one of few, so everyone seems to have it. But there are other company’s emerging all the time. Lots of stuff on eBay, buyer beware!!

would have never figured to get one for a corolla lol. Because it's brand new the pick up is quick and response it pretty good, was looking more into the cosmetic mods!
Well when you want to squeeze the performance a little, look into this. The YouTube videos don’t lie! I have one and it stays set on sport. Makes it very “punchy”. It’s like having all 132hp available on demand! Lots of fun!!

Yea it is paid off, thanks for your concern bud...
I love how people assume that everyone has a car loan. I paid cash for my 2017 Corolla iM too! Enjoy your mods. I had a throttle controller on my 2009 Corolla S before I turbocharged it and it was amazing. I loved having it and being able to adjust the throttle response to my liking. Congrats on the new Corolla XSE. Too bad you didn't get a Corolla SE with the 6-speed manual though!

I love how people assume that everyone has a car loan. I paid cash for my 2017 Corolla iM too! Enjoy your mods. I had a throttle controller on my 2009 Corolla S before I turbocharged it and it was amazing. I loved having it and being able to adjust the throttle response to my liking. Congrats on the new Corolla XSE. Too bad you didn't get a Corolla SE with the 6-speed manual though!
HAHA exactly! And thank you, I wish I got the 6 speed manual too but it's what was available at this moment.

nothing wrong with auto tranny and beside Toyota has the BEST CVT tranny

Jamal M,

Best 1st mod: wheels + tires
I agree that it’s a great “transmission”, but they could not run it on the dyno today, because it’s a CVT.
I was told that they would not be able to get an accurate measurement, if it registered at all.
If I had paddle shifters then maybe. They need to be able to hold it at a certain rpm and NOT have it shift.
They at least tried because, who brings a Corolla in to be dyno’d!
Still fun in any case. I love to drive this car and ,even though it’s a Corolla, people love to ask questions!
But if I had that 6 speed, we would all know for sure if our “standard” mods are actually helping or hurting.

I don’t completely disagree with your “pay it off first” disposition. I plan to keep this car, so not a concern. I’ve spent countless dollars on modding cars that I end up trading in. Nothing to show but a few pics and some video. Lasting memories. So I get it.
But, I will be slapping a turbo charger on this Corolla as soon as it’s paid for!
At that point, I don’t care if I blow it up!

:( I find it very painful, to seeing kids drop mad money on cars mods without paying off the car first.
Why is it painful for you? It doesn't affect you in any way. He said that he already paid off his car. And mad money is different to everyone. I've met many younger buyers that make very good money and many mods cost little to nothing. If you install some mods sooner then you can enjoy them longer and the cost of the mod per year enjoyed is much less.

Take a set of lowering spring as an example. If you spend $200 on the springs and own the car for an additional 8 years the mod only costs you $25 per year and you get to enjoy the benefits for those eight years. If you wait an additional 4 years to pay it off than that mod costs you $50 per year and you only get to enjoy the mod for only half of the time.

So I say mod your car and enjoy it. I never regretted any mods I did to my 1st new car and I enjoyed them for so many extra years. I would only say to mod it within your means, don't go into deb doing it but you can do a lot for a little and if you do the labor yourself many mods are very inexpensive.

Why is it painful for you? It doesn't affect you in any way. He said that he already paid off his car. And mad money is different to everyone. I've met many younger buyers that make very good money and many mods cost little to nothing. If you install some mods sooner then you can enjoy them longer and the cost of the mod per year enjoyed is much less.

Take a set of lowering spring as an example. If you spend $200 on the springs and own the car for an additional 8 years the mod only costs you $25 per year and you get to enjoy the benefits for those eight years. If you wait an additional 4 years to pay it off than that mod costs you $50 per year and you only get to enjoy the mod for only half of the time.

So I say mod your car and enjoy it. I never regretted any mods I did to my 1st new car and I enjoyed them for so many extra years. I would only say to mod it within your means, don't go into deb doing it but you can do a lot for a little and if you do the labor yourself many mods are very inexpensive.
Appreciate it! Yea I had a civic before and did what I could in terms of mods, so many of my friends are now in debt because of mods they couldn't afford. But yes springs, tint, and exhaust are on the list so far.

Well, that's because it is super easy now to take loan, especially with the help of pls installment loans. Thus, no trust from people :)
Yes it's easy to get a loan but many people put larger down payments and pay off their loans quicker. I've always paid off any loan quicker so save thousands of $$ on interest unless I have a 0% loan. I took out a loan on my 2017 RAV4 that I bought at the same time I bought my 2017 Corolla iM but I still paid off the 6 year loan in 10 months! ;)