Motor performance

nothing, there is a thread floating around the forum of a guy who had a TRD exhaust and a short ram intake with a pedal commander throttle controller and put it on a DYNO and got little to absolutely no power gain....and running the quarter mile on a track as well yielded no noticeable performance results...to get gains you need to tune your car after installing bolt ons, and nobody is tuning a corolla, trust me..with that all said you can CREATE the feeling of performance...the short ram does make a cool noise, and an exhaust is always fun... a pedal commander makes your throttle response better but doesn't make your car faster...its similar to the Sport button on the corolla S but on steroids. with all that said i do have a short ram intake, not for performance, but because i like the intake sound, and i got a steal on a exhaust so i got that on mine too...

excellent, thanks for the recommendations, I also thought about putting an exhaust tassel, header and a cold air short ram to see how it is going

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
Installing a less restrictive intake and exhaust system will free up some (noticeable) power and a tune will aide in these mods as well. There are some other mods to get more power such as performance cams but if you want bigger power though, you'll have to choose to build you're engine or go forced induction whether it be a turbo or supercharger. It's definitely possible to make power with the 1.8L but you'll have to know what you're doing and be able to pay for it.

I had a Borla exhaust, Takeda SRI and Pivot throttle controller that yielded a gain of 12 hp at the wheels. It was noticeable and my Corolla 5MT did feel quicker and more responsive. If you really want more power though do what I did and install a turbo system from Turbokits.com which added 100 hp with a mild tune and under 9 psi of boost. I love the power now!

Installing a less restrictive intake and exhaust system will free up some (noticeable) power and a tune will aide in these mods as well. There are some other mods to get more power such as performance cams but if you want bigger power though, you'll have to choose to build you're engine or go forced induction whether it be a turbo or supercharger. It's definitely possible to make power with the 1.8L but you'll have to know what you're doing and be able to pay for it.

Thanks for the recommendation, all the work I'm doing is with a toyota mechanic, and it would be a short and long term project, but if I want to be sure that what I'm doing is the right thing to do and with the goal I want to reach

I had a Borla exhaust, Takeda SRI and Pivot throttle controller that yielded a gain of 12 hp at the wheels. It was noticeable and my Corolla 5MT did feel quicker and more responsive. If you really want more power though do what I did and install a turbo system from Turbokits.com which added 100 hp with a mild tune and under 9 psi of boost. I love the power now!

Thanks for the recommendation, I do not rule out in the future doing it turbo but for now I want to get the maximum out of the 1.8 aspirated

The most noticeable - a enjoyable change for me - was a TRD air filter box (top half, plus snorkel/inlet tube from filter housing to throttle body). The mid-range response is much better, no noticeable change in the top end.

The TRD air filter top is sold as for a Scion, but fits perfectly. I bought the pieces separately, since it was cheaper. I bought from Right Toyota online.

The most noticeable - a enjoyable change for me - was a TRD air filter box (top half, plus snorkel/inlet tube from filter housing to throttle body). The mid-range response is much better, no noticeable change in the top end.

The TRD air filter top is sold as for a Scion, but fits perfectly. I bought the pieces separately, since it was cheaper. I bought from Right Toyota online.

Thanks for the recommendation, it is very well received !! regards

Yes, I understand, I try to obtain the trd product and it is not available for the 2015 Corolla, but the question I have is whether I can search for it in general or if it should be for a particular scion. ?
or by scion tc or scion im respectively ?

Thanks and best reguards

drools.. how much did the turbokit cost?