Mounted a Holster and Dipped Some Emblems

Conceal carrying while driving is...annoying to say the least. So I got ahold of a Texas Custom Holsters kit and mounted it in my Corolla today.

Looks good in there and is very sturdy...

Also took advantage of the sunshine and dipped some emblems...

Nice! :thumbup1:

Obama and Eric Holder want to try and make you and all gun owners wear ID bracelets with transmitting chips in them to transmit your location 24 hour per day! :thumbdown: :mad::furious:

Just asking, not wanting to start a big thing, but do u feel so unsafe I your area you have to have a gun by your side at all times? Criminals must really have the run of things in the US I'm guessing? It's hard for me to imagine carrying a gun for 'protection' everywhere I go. Makes me sad people have to live like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice dipping and gun holster mod. I would have dipped the emblems a different color to make them pop out more but to each their own.
The way I change my mind...it's going to be constantly changing. This is the second color I have put on. Trying to see what I like best.

Just asking, not wanting to start a big thing, but do u feel so unsafe I your area you have to have a gun by your side at all times? Criminals must really have the run of things in the US I'm guessing? It's hard for me to imagine carrying a gun for 'protection' everywhere I go. Makes me sad people have to live like that

It's not that I do not feel safe, I just believe in being prepared. If the need arises, I don't want to be a victim.

The idea is that you hope you never have to use it, but the one time you don't have it and run into trouble, you'll wish you did. Criminals will carry them anyway, might as well even the playing field.

GlockGuy, can you post a picture of your 20% tint with the brand and kind of tint? I'm thinking about getting mine done but I can't decide between 20% or 35%.

Looks nice!

And Scott, so they can fail again? They couldn't pass anything else... Thank God for term limits. Now of only Senators had term limits...
The statement that Obama has made is, "I have a pen and a phone", i.e. he has and will continue to write executive orders, dictating what he wants done, skirting Congress and the will of the people, as if he were a dictator and not an elected President sworn to serve the people in a government with three branches and a balance of power amongst those three branches.

We have an administration that in my opinion doesn't care what the people of the U.S. want or not, but instead is dictating and not abiding by the will of the people. Obama-"care" is yet another example, with the overwhelming number of Americans against it, yet it was rammed down our throats anyway, against the will of the people.

The upcoming fall 2014 elections are critical in determining the future of America, whether we have freedom, or not. The Republican controlled Congress has voted to repeal Obama-"care" over thirty times, (abiding by the will of the people), but then every time the measure goes over to the Democrat controlled Senate, they shoot it down. If the Republicans can regain a majority control of the Senate by having citizens vote the Democrats out and the Republicans in, while maintaining a majority control of Congress as well, then we can rock n' roll and repeal Obama-"care", and that's just for starters! :thumbsup: :party::balloon::thumbup1::clap:

Last edited:
Danny - What country do you live in that is so safe? Violent crime is an ever growing problem, especially when it is fueled by drug addicts who will do anything to get the money they need to pay for their next fix.

Over the past ten years in my city I have witnessed it go from a quiet, respectable community to being destroyed by drugs and the drug dealers peddling their poison. Police sirens wailing are now commonplace. There are hold ups, shootings, stabbings, robberies, home invasions, assaults, prostitution, etc., mostly fueled by drugs. This used to be virtually unheard of before. My city is no longer even remotely a safe community and this is commonplace across America, if not the entire world and yes, as you observe, it is indeed very sad. But that is the reality of the situation and for someone not to protect their very life and the lives of their family by not having a firearm to defend themselves with is a bit naive and just asking for trouble.

I live in a state that unfortunately elected an extremist liberal Democrat Governor and since he has been in office and rammed unconstitutional gun control laws down the throats of law abiding citizens, making it harder for good, decent people to defend their lives and their property against dirt bag criminals, crime rates have gone ballistic, as the criminals know their victims are less likely to be able to defend themselves. I wish I had a firearm to defend myself with if I had to. I feel naked without one, as many do.

"Every year in the United States 16,000 murders are committed by people who have no respect for the sanctity of life. That's an average of 43 people a day who lose their lives in this country. The motive could be robbery, revenge, or maybe the person just doesn't like you. There were numerous times I responded to calls of innocent victims who were unable to defend themselves against robbers and murderers. The overwhelming majority of the time we were too late".

- Robert R. Surgenor, Sr. Retired Police Detective.

"I would recommend to every citizen in this country from 21 to 101 to obtain your concealed carry license. It doesn't mean you have to carry a gun everywhere you go, every time you go out. But it does if there is a situation where you would feel more comfortable taking along Mr.Barker, then the law allows you to do so. We need to stop the senseless killings of innocent people. We can't keep watching news stories about the execution style murder of a robbery victim. We need to fight back".

- Robert R. Surgenor, Sr. Retired Police Detective.

Here is a six minute video about this topic that I think will explain this very well for you -

Last edited by a moderator:
At least most states are starting to nullify federal law. Nevada is the latest after the crap with the BLM, Sandoval ain't happy at all.
I fear this may not be enough, especially if civil unrest breaks out and Obama declares Martial Law. Then we'd be in a world of hurt. With Martial Law, all elections are indefinitely suspended, making it impossible to remove him form office, all private property can be seized including bank accounts, your house, land and cars. All Constitutional rights are also suspended and no longer do you have the right to a lawyer, judge, trial by jury, etc. Instead that is replaced with military tribunals. Of course too we'd have curfews, armed military patrolling the streets, we'd be told where to go, when to go, etc.

There is a lot at stake in the upcoming fall 2014 elections and I literally pray people get off their rears to vote and make sure everyone they know votes. If that doesn't happen and this current crop of Democrats retain majority control and the power of the Senate and also the Presidency, we're in big, big trouble as a nation.

Last edited:
Canada.Just curious as to y u would need a holster in your family sedan. Crime is on the rise ere as well. I live In a rural area and we r hearing of violent crimes I never heard of happening close to home (relatively). I'm just wondering if everyone carried a gun would crime go down? Perhaps it is just a mindset of the Zeitgeist we live in. I hear it over and over, we carry to be ready for when we need it. I guess when crime is so high u would be expecting something to happen. Just hard for me to imagine.

Statistics show that as gun control increases, violent crime increases. Happened in Australia and the United Kingdom. We're also violent because of the war on drugs, which created gangs and gave them a black market to exploit, profit off, and compete. That and our healthcare is a joke and involves getting a dozen pills shoved down your throat.

vance07

Brandon Vance
Carrying a gun is a right and if you dont excersise your rights they will be taken away.......I love the holster me personally I have a thing against mounting them permanetly because af resale issues. Gumcreekcustoms.com has an awesome holster that clips under virtually any steering colloum when I take my wifes corrolla for a trip insured of my f250 it takes just seconds to swap them over !

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

vance07

Brandon Vance
I would sleep the same eithier way and I dont live in a rough area. But I still choose to sleep with a gun in a mounted safe attached to my bed incase I do need it....if I go my entire life never pointing it at another human being I will be perfectly fine. However if someone decides they want to intrude onto my property and indanger my family or take my belongings. Should should have the right to stop them and the means necessary. What other option is there its not my fault guns were made its simply a tool for protection same as a knife

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

THere when u need it. I get it. But would u feel unsafe to go to sleep in your own home without a gun?

Last edited:
THere when u need it. I get it. But would u feel unsafe to go to sleep in your own home without a gun?

There are several people that thought they didn't need a gun in their home to be safe that ended up being a victim of a violent crime. If someone wants in, they are getting in.

It's not a matter of being paranoid, it's a matter of, is the gamble of not having protection worth your property or your life if you lose? Sure I feel safe in my own home, but having protection keeps me assured it will stay that way.

To me, it isn't worth that gamble.

As far as resale, we are talking about 3 small issues. Most people probably wouldn't even notice. I also don't see myself getting rid of the car. It will probably be around for a long time after it's paid off.

Do you wear your seatbelt and have a car with airbags? If course you do. That doesn't mean you're out looking to get in an accident, nor do you think every time you drive something is going to happen. You wear your seatbelt because, despite your own safe and careful driving, there are idiots on the road.

Gun owners, and those who carry a firearm frequently, don't carry because they feel unsafe. They carry because it makes them safer. I believe it is my God-given responsibility to protect my family. And there is no better way to ensure their safety than with me being a responsible, armed husband and father.

There's an old saying: Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.